SVP, Current Programming, UCP
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The SVP, Current Programming, UCP will report to and work with the EVP, Scripted Current Series and Head of International Business Development and will manage aspects of Current broadcast, cable and streaming series for the studio.
- Oversee and be held accountable for creative management of new and ongoing assigned scripted series
- Work in conjunction with development to transition shows that have been picked up from development into current series
- Spearhead staffing efforts for Current team and serve as point Current exec for agencies during staffing season
- Build and maintain relationships with the creative community including network executives, producers, directors, production companies, agents and managers
- Attend table reads, run-thrus and shoots, and work with show’s producers, studio production executive and network to solve creative and production-related issues
- Provide notes on cuts, stories, outlines and scripts
- Introduce new writers to the studio with the potential for future development
- Work strategically with producers and networks to continuously reinvigorate current series
- Liaise with our network and streaming counterparts to ensure longevity of our Current shows by staying in step with our buyers’ objectives and finding appropriate creative solutions or compromises
- Work with Business Affairs to facilitate talent and production deals
- Work with Production to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in production
- Serve as liaison between production and other studio departments including consumer products, publicity, production, international, home entertainment, etc.
- Supervise junior executives in oversight of assigned series
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a scripted production or scripted current executive at either a Production Company, TV network, or TV studio.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• 3 years of in international production/SVOD experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated aptitude for helping to manage a team of creative executives.
• Proven ability to cultivate productive and long-lasting relationships with TV showrunners, TV producers, TV writers, agents, managers, and senior-level TV executives in the US and abroad
• Demonstrated ability to develop creative, innovative, and proactive solutions to highly complex creative, operational, logistic, and personnel matters
• Clear history of thriving in a high-volume, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree is preferred
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.