Producer, Meet The Press
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
· Produce guest research and write questions for “Meet the Press” moderator
· Generate and pitch show ideas and program guests
· Work with editors and graphic artists to produce pieces, show open, edit elements and develop graphics
· Translate polls, surveys and other data into engaging television
· Oversee crews for interviews and packages
· Write compelling scripts for segment intros and teases
· Produce content for show website and social media platforms
· Write and produce packages in the field or for broadcast
· Shoot and edit stories in the field
· Anchor produce for Sunday broadcast and special events
. Oversee production and release of digital video elements
. Able to oversee digital staffing needs on video and social platforms
· Work closely with Executive Producer, Moderator and Senior Producer
· Effectively collaborate with show staff
· Minimum of 5 years of television/show production
experience for a network or cable news operation
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
· Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
· Must be available to work Saturdays & Sundays as part
of the regular weekly schedule and evenings and
holidays as required
Desired Characteristics :
· Exceptional editorial skills
· Excellent news judgment
· Extensive knowledge of and demonstrated passion for
politics and public policy
· Excellent writing and research skills
· Creative, independent thinking skills
· Experience as a cutting producer under deadline
· Live control room experience
. Experience with Photoshop a plus
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to perform well under pressure
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.