Director, UX Insights, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, NY
Create the extraordinary.
Peacock, NBCUniversal’s streaming service - the home thousands of hours of current and past season TV episodes plus iconic movies and more. Current hits. Timeless classics. Timely updates. Watch for free. Upgrade for more. Come join the Flock!
As a Director on our team, you will uncover critical insights that will help guide key strategic decisions and support Peacock product initiatives. You will employ a range of qualitative and quantitative primary research techniques throughout the product lifecycle to support internal stakeholders. You will support the process of identifying opportunities, building new products and features and tracking their impact over time.
What you will be doing:
- Understand client objectives and translate into actionable insights. Work within a highly cohesive, fast-moving Insights team
- Own the execution of primary UX research - including designing and executing surveys, moderated/unmoderated usability and observational tests, diary studies, focus groups, tree tests and card sorts to generate strategic insights and actionable implications and recommendations
- Conduct research across key platforms including web, mobile apps, and CTVs
- Collaborate closely with product managers, designers and other team members to define and prioritize research initiatives that support the product roadmap
- Collaborate with the Peacock CRM/Retention/Growth teams to design and deliver insights on our customers throughout the customer journey
- Present insights to all audiences. Where appropriate, communicate methods and findings to peers, leadership, and contributors across the organization.
What you will get from this role:
- Conduct world-class research: Contribute to charting the direction of a successful, high-profile streaming service
- Drive impact: Contribute to a team playing a critical role in helping Peacock better understand the voice of the consumer
- Expand your knowledge: Complement the research expertise you’ve built throughout your career
- Opportunity to work with smart people and industry experts: Collaborate with Peacock experts across many different teams including Product, Decision Science, Brand, CRM marketing teams
- Career & professional growth: Access to resources to develop your career and professional management skills
- Work alongside a high-performance Insights team: You’ll be joining a supportive team that is highly motivated and proud of what they do
● 5-7+ years of proven success conducting primary research with a client organization; research supplier experience also valued
● 3-4+ years of proven success conducting primary UX/usability research
● BS/BA or equivalent degree in psychology, sociology, cognitive science, business, market research, etc. - but practical experience is just as valued
● Moderating experience desired - both IDIs (in-depth-interviews) and focus groups
● Experience with remote UX testing tools such as UserTesting.com, UserZoom, Answer Lab, etc.
● Solid functional experience creating surveys from client objectives, managing projects with research partners, analyzing crosstabs and presenting results
● Media experience (TV or streaming) desired but not required
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
● You are a seasoned research professional with deep operational knowledge and expertise in every aspect of primary qualitative and quantitative methods and best practices
● You are thoughtful and like to learn. You are interested in pushing the boundaries of agile research
● You look at the data and listen to the voice of the consumer. You are a passionate researcher with uncanny observational and analytical skills
● You are scrappy—focused, driven, and the natural owner of both big ideas and practical daily output. You feel most at home in a fast-paced, iterative, and collaborative environment
● You are fluid and adaptable with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach—able to work on multiple tracks, pivot from one project to another, and adapt yourself to the problem
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.