Associate Producer-Meet The Press
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, District of Columbia
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
· Work with editors and graphic artists to produce “Meet the Press” show open, edit tape elements and develop graphics
· Generate and pitch show ideas and program guests for “Meet the Press”
· Gather sound and assist with “Meet the Press” spots and show open
· Produce guest research and write questions for “Meet the Press” moderator
· Help coordinate media coverage during breaking news
· Shoot and edit stories for digital and social platforms, and elements for broadcast
· Track and edit breaking news video and notify control room/line producer
· Edit show promos, early release clips and other show franchises
· Communicate with affiliates about show cross-talks, promos and early release bites
· Assist with show archiving
· Edit and socialize breakout clips across the “Meet the Press” portfolio
· Assist with podcast production for The Chuck ToddCast.
+ Research, report and write news readers for “Meet the Press Daily”
+ Assist with researching, reporting and writing daily segments for “Meet the Press Daily”
· At least 3 years of experience in research and news
· At least 3 years of tape, field and editing experience
· Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
· Must be willing to work in Washington, D.C.
· Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the
· Must be available to work Saturdays & Sundays as part
of the regular weekly schedule and evenings and
holidays as required
· Exceptional editorial skills
· Creativity and a desire to experiment with new editorial
· Excellent news judgment
· Extensive knowledge of and demonstrated passion for
politics and public policy
· Strong writing and research skills including familiarity
with AP Style
· Creative, independent thinking skills
· Strong shooting and editing skills a plus
· Up to date on periodicals, including op-eds
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
· Ability to perform well under pressure
· Excellent communication skills
· Team player
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.