Rights & Clearance Specialist-NBC News Group
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Acquire 3rd party content (i.e. professional photography, viral videos, sports footage, entertainment & news content) for use in NBCU News Group broadcast and digital properties. Production units include - Today Show, Nightly News, CNBC, MSNBC, Dateline and NBC News Now.
- Negotiate license agreements, including rates and terms.
- Evaluate the status of rights and restrictions in NBCU News Group content for downstream exploitation.
- Work closely with Editorial, Legal, Finance, Standards and Archives to ensure best practices are followed.
- Update and manage database to indicate copyright source and add license agreements.
- Research sources/content to determine copyright status of materials.
- Perform Public Domain analysis.
- Participate in training workshops to provide Editorial teams with a deeper understanding of copyright and licensing.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• 5+ years’ experience in licensing, rights and/or
• Thorough understanding of license agreements,
contracts, and copyright law.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must be available for regular early morning shift.
• Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and
weekends, often with short notice.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship
• Demonstrated self-starter with outstanding follow
• Detail orientated with excellent organization skills.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and adapt in
rapidly developing 24/7 breaking news cycles.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Media Jobs For You
Director, Production & Operations, Game Shows & Competition
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California