Vice President, Partnerships & Business Development
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Vice President, Partnerships & Business Development is a critical role, focused on scaling NBCU’s Advertising Sales business. The person in this role will drive internal strategic conversations with sales leadership and lead external negotiations with content distribution and advertising platform partners. This role provides the opportunity to partner with some of the biggest companies in media and technology, including Apple, Google, Amazon, Roku, Hulu, Facebook/Meta, Twitter, and Snap. This person will collaborate with senior stakeholders across NBCU, advising on deal strategy for new and existing platform partners, and reporting out on partnership performance and outcomes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate and execute on key business terms with partners related to the monetization of NBCU and third-party content (including NBCU broadcast and networks, apps, and long and short-form digital content) on emerging digital platforms (e.g., OTT, vMVPDs, mobile, etc.), as well as vendors required to support such monetization.
- Identify and evaluate new partnership opportunities that can scale across the portfolio of NBCU’s digital and linear properties, thinking holistically about how such opportunities fit within Comcast/NBCU and the larger media ecosystem.
- Work closely with the partnerships team and other key stakeholders to develop strategy and unique business models that drive monetization of NBCUniversal and third-party content on both established and emerging partners.
- Work closely with product and procurement teams to drive cost savings and best-in-class terms with strategic measurement, data, programmatic, and other ad tech partners.
- Identify criteria and structure to measure the success and impact of partnerships.
- Develop strong working relationships and collaborate cross-functionally with leaders in partnerships, sales, strategy, product, planning, operations, finance, and HR at NBCU and partner organizations to secure and implement essential business terms that improve business operations and drive growth and profitability in the partnerships business.
- Communicate the status and performance of strategic partnerships to senior executives and colleagues at all levels of the organization and generate internal support for new business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of technology/media industry trends and market conditions and communicate key insights to both NBCU and partner organizations.
• 8+ years of experience working in media and/or advertising at a leading entertainment corporation, agency, technology platform and/or management consulting firm.
• Demonstrates knowledge of platforms and technologies that support digital and linear content distribution and monetization (e.g., OTT, mobile, DAI, ad serving, measurement, etc.), ideally with a foundational understanding of the advertising sales marketplace.
• Proven ability to negotiate deals, particularly in the context of media, entertainment, and/or technology platform partnerships.
• Experience developing practical, streamlined solutions to complex issues.
• Advanced quantitative and analytical skillsets, with experience analyzing and reporting business outcomes in real-time.
• Ability to present to business outcomes and related strategic recommendations to senior level stakeholders.
• Experience collaborating and gaining buy-in for proposed solutions from colleagues in a large, highly matrixed organization, building trusted relationships at all levels – both internally and externally.
• Proven success building, managing, and retaining high-performance teams.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Ability to prioritize partnership opportunities and related tasks in line with strategic business objectives.
• Demonstrates an entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to thrive in an ambiguous, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
• Works well independently as well as with a collaborative team.
• Ability to execute with accuracy and attention to detail.
• MBA or JD preferred.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We give readers what they want, before they want it.