Marketing Manager, OPCD - News
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
This position reports to the Director, Creative Partnerships, News.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the creation of solutions that leverages NBC News programs and brands to both drive our marketing partners’ business and inform our audiences
- Develop and produce marketing solutions for key News priorities; includes brainstorming and liaising with editorial/strategic content/product teams to create compelling sales programs
- Work with the Director, Creative Partnerships to identify opportunities and craft innovative ad sales solutions
- Manage the execution of sold partnerships across NBC News and oversee the post-sale process including: participate in internal and external kick-off/ongoing status updates, facilitate on-air asset creation, manage flight schedules, coordinate launch of digital special report / social promotional campaigns, or working through a branded content campaign
- Work with cross functional teams to gather and synthesize key inputs necessary to develop marketing solutions. Liaise with NBCU stakeholders, including but not limited to: Ad Sales, Agency & Client Partnerships, One Platform Marketing, Network Programming, Legal, Research and external entities (clients, media and creative agencies, etc.)
- Collaborate with Research and Trade Marketing to craft pre and post-sales materials, including pitch and recap decks, e-blasts, case studies, sizzle reels and award submissions
• Experience working in advertising or marketing environments
• Proven experience developing, writing and delivering pitches.
• Experience with the creative development process with key stakeholders (sales, marketing, and editorial)
• Thorough knowledge of Word, PowerPoint, Excel and presentation proficiencies
• External candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work evenings/weekends when necessary, with short notice
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a passion for news, culture, politics and storytelling
• Strong interpersonal and management skills – ability to lead interdepartmental teams and influence internal and external stakeholders
• Thorough knowledge of brand and media marketing, the sales process and media in general, as well as advertising within the Digital eco-system
• Creative thinker – ability to generate ideas and new concepts/positioning as it relates to the advertiser product/brand.
• Strong written and oral communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and effectively and analyze data to develop strong selling story; experience pitching directly to clients
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direction
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Digital Marketing (UX) Manager
First Book, Washington DC & can work from home (Hybrid work environme...