NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture.
Front-end EngineerThe Peacock Sports & Entertainment group is looking to add a front-end engineer to the team of engineers to deliver high-quality user experiences across the NBC branded websites and apps. You will become a part of a team that builds and supports sites and services for both web and mobile, delivering content to millions of users.
The Peacock Sports & Entertainment team builds dynamic applications using cutting-edge technology to deliver performant applications, focusing on user experience. We are looking for a dynamic team player who is an owner, accountable and passionate about technology. You will be working on high-visibility applications serving millions of users for industry-leading sporting and entertainment events, such as the Super Bowl, Olympics, Premier League, and America’s Got Talent. If you relish having your efforts on display for millions of users - this is your opportunity.
You will have a leading role, influencing the front-end development, architecture and the build flows of front-end components, systems and themes, Every member of the team works with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
What the team does
- Creates and maintains multiple branded high traffic sites and services, notably nbcolympics.com and nbcsports.com.
- Builds the content management. systems as well as the various front-end experiences to display the data
- Collaborates with product and other internal teams to drive innovation and improvements across the sites, including video delivery and playback user experience
- Explores new technology, pushing the quality and speed capabilities of the systems, running POCs, and balancing innovation with stability
- Supports major consumer-facing live events, including Olympics, and Super Bowls
- Develop performant and polished end-user experiences
- Design and implement beautiful adaptive UIs in clean codebase and best practices
- Review the code from other team members to ensure scalability and adherence to best practices
- Continuously learn, improve, and optimise processes and ways of working
- Collaborate both internally and externally across the broader technology organization to ensure sensible and consistent standards are defined and implemented.
- Build performant and scalable streaming apps for responsive web and living room platforms
- Contribute to the app build process and CI/CD flow
- Collaborate with product and project team members to ensure timely delivery of quality releases
- Contribute to planning and assignment of development tasks for the team
- Triage and fix bugs
- Provide feedback and coaching for software engineers
- 4+ years developing web sites with ES6 leveraging current frameworks like Vue, React, or Angular
- Experience across the stack, state management, Nuxt/next.js, CSS, and API integration
- Comfortable working with build tools like npm, gulp, webpack
- Familiar with Relational and Non-Relational databases
- Familiar with GraphQL and Back-end for Front-end
- Strong CS fundamentals, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Solid understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Experience with TDD and E2E testing
- Experience working with responsive and performant design
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Expertise integrating into large agile development projects and manage rapid development cycles
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and status updates to both technical and non-technical resources
- Capable of managing multiple deliverables and completing assigned tasks efficiently
- Eagerness to work outside of comfort zone in new and different technologies
- Innovative and flexible thinker, comfortable suggesting solutions and willing to take risks
- An owner, committed to quality in every task, large or small
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.