Manager, Lightning Engineering
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Meet Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new, wildly entertaining streaming service that combines timeless shows and movies with timely news, sports and pop-culture.
We’re growing our team of smart, hungry, and upbeat doers who crave the chance to build something new at the epicenter of content, tech, and culture.
Manager, Lightning EngineeringThe Peacock Sports & Entertainment team is looking to add a talented Lightning engineer to deliver best in class HTML5 applications. You will become a part of a team that builds and supports applications for all platforms, delivering video content to millions of users.
The Peacock Sports & Entertainment team builds dynamic applications using cutting-edge technology to deliver performant applications, focusing on user experience. We are looking for a dynamic team player who is an owner, accountable and passionate about technology. You will be working on high-visibility applications serving millions of users for industry-leading sporting and entertainment events, such as the Super Bowl, Olympics, Premier League, and America’s Got Talent. If you relish having your efforts on display for millions of users - this is your opportunity.
You will have a leading role, influencing the architecture, video playback performance, and third-party SDK integration. Every member of the team works with a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
What the team does
- Creates and maintains performant HTML5 based STB applications
- Constantly improving performance against KPI’s to give the user the best possible experience
- Collaborates with product and other internal teams to drive innovation and improvements
- Explores new technology, pushing the quality and speed capabilities of the systems, running POCs, and balancing innovation with stability
- Supports major consumer-facing live events, including Olympics and the Super Bowl
- Manage a team of passionate technologists
- Facilitate Develop performant code following industry best practices
- Develop exceptional user experiences that facilitate video consumption of episodic video on demand and live streaming
- Implement and update analytic, telemetry and other SDK’s
- Debug issues, fix bugs and refactor code
- Support major consumer-facing live events, including Olympics and the Super Bowl
- Review code from teammates to ensure performance, scalability, and best practices
- Collaborate both internally and externally across the broader organization to ensure sensible and consistent standards are defined and implemented
- Continue to learn new technologies and approaches to ensure applications are always current and best-in-class
- Experience leading and/or managing development teams
- Excellent communication skills
- 3+ years of experience leveraging frameworks such as ReactNative / ReactJS, Angular, VueJS or Lightning framework
- Experience with APIs and integrating 3rd party libraries.
- Familiarity with building applications for set-top boxes (STB’s)
- Experience with performance improvements and component design
- Strong CS fundamentals, troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with test-driven development
- Proficient in Git, Git commands and various Git workflows
- Solid grasp of development methodologies such as Scrum and Agile
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins, CircleCI & MSFT DevOps
- Proficient knowledge of HTTP and network protocols
- Able to communicate ideas clearly and efficiently
- An owner, committed to quality in every task, large or small
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Community Impact Marketing Specialist - Telemundo Dallas
NBCUniversal, LLC, Dallas - Fort Worth, Texas