Manager, Film Music Production
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Manager, Film Music Creative is a key member of the Creative group of executives in the Film Music department. This self-starter is responsible for a variety of ongoing film/project-related routines. Specifically, this role will oversee and manage all music needs for Back Lot Music soundtracks, and third-party soundtracks.
Back Lot Music Soundtracks:
- Manage production and assembly process from film score to soundtrack album
- Coordinate album mastering with composer and engineer
- Work with vendors to design album packaging and artwork
- Partner with business affairs on third party song licensing
- Generate label copy and album credits for album packaging
- Digitally distribute albums via iTunes Producer/ iTunes Connect and Tunecore.
- Oversee CD manufacturing and distribution
- Procure vinyl partnerships and sub licensing deals
- Provide source material for digital marketing initiatives
- Process label related invoices and external vender set up
- Manage audio and artwork production process from film to soundtrack
- Work with internal marketing and print teams to supply album assets to label partner
- Generate label copy
- Route materials to internal executives and filmmakers for final approval
- Oversee audio production and restoration for music asset preservation initiative
- Work with Business Affairs and Publishing on catalog soundtrack sub licensing partnerships
- Oversee catalog score audio production and restoration process along with album packaging and design
- Coordinate with archives and sound department to locate original master sources and stems for licensing clients
- Liaise with post supervisor, music editor and sound department to facilitate music delivery and archival procedures
- Inventory music delivery elements to ensure all assets are collected and labeled correctly
- Create in-house copies of stereo score, songs, and stems for internal department use
- Deliver final score and original songs to marketing/brand partnerships for use in materials
- Collect preliminary cue sheet and deliver to publishing for final submission
- Continue “back up” procedures with archives/sound department to ensure an LTO copy of deliverables is archived and stored in a different location.
•Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, 3+ years related experience, 3+ years in the music industry.
•Prior experience working in music for a motion picture or television studio, production company, music label, composer, or music supervisor.
•Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
•Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Proven track record of a high level of proficiency in music production and its trends.
•Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail is a must.
•Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
•Personal, collaborative and team-oriented spirit with the ability to work with a broad range of professionals at various levels and different interests.
•Entrepreneurial spirit -, keeps up with trends in the music industry and related cost of scoring.
•A driven self-starter that can multi-task and work in a fast paced, dynamic team environment.
•Deadline-oriented and demonstrates a sense of urgency.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands