DreamWorks TV - CG Supervising Producer
NBCUniversal, LLC, Glendale, California
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
At DreamWorks Animation Television, our CG Supervising Producer will work closely with the series Executive Producers, Line Producer and Art Director in overseeing all aspects of development, pre-production, assets, overseas production and post-production for CG TV series.
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a CG Supervising Producer to join its team based in Glendale, CA. This position is covered by the Animation Guild.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and guide production to ensure CG look and feasibility of show
- Communicate to VP of Animation Production, Director of Animation Production, Executive Producers, Line Producer, and HUB Leadership regarding the status of work and any problems that may arise
- Present possible solutions to production problems
- Ensure desired quality and style of show is met within the parameters of the show’s network-approved schedule and budget
- Attend and contribute to all relevant production meetings. (scripts, Storyboard handout/pitch, Animatic reviews, design handouts, Design Tech checks, Modelpack reviews, Anim Review, and Post)
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- This could include but is not limited to main title, title cards, press art, style guide, tool kit and any network requests
- Work closely with Hub Line Producer and Show Line Producer to ensure that asset construction stays on schedule and within the scope of the show.
- Work with the Supervising Director and Animation Supervisor to review storyboard artists’ work to ensure quality, do ability and style of show is met.
- Thoroughly review storyboards to guarantee they are CG ready
- Ensure all notes on storyboards, animatics and models are properly addressed.
- Review animatics at all stages in a timely manner, giving notes, guidance and revisions when necessary
- Identify opportunities for reuse of existing assets
- Problem solve and find solutions when necessary
- Communicate regularly with overseas studio regarding status of work
- Ensure overseas studio consistently adheres to quality and style of show
- May require a visit to overseas studios to review work being done on premises
- Attend and contribute to initial picture edit and subsequent edits with an eye towards helping ensure stage appropriateness and do ability of retakes
- Work with the creative team to review and approve retakes within parameters of the show’s retake allowance and schedule
- Work with the Animation Supervisor to ensure that all creative retake materials are completed and sent to overseas studio in a timely fashion
- Potentially attend color correction sessions
• Strong time and resource management skills
• Solid leadership and communication skills
• On-the-fly problem solving ability
• Solid knowledge of all facets of the animation process
• Strong visual and structural storytelling skills
• Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn applicable design software and hardware
• 5 – 7 years supervisory experience in CG TV animation preferred
• Experience in Animation direction is preferred
From the award-winning storytellers, artist and innovators at DreamWorks Animation and DreamWorks Animation Television come the beloved characters and stories that come alive on the big and small screens. From films like Shrek, How to Train Your Dragon and Trolls to original TV series including Trollhunters, Voltron and Home: Adventures with Tip & Oh, DreamWorks Animation continues to bring home the laughter, fun and courage to dream.
Visit www.dreamworksanimation.com to see our latest animated film and television productions.
DreamWorks is a division of NBCUniversal. At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.