APC Operator, Telemundo Las Vegas
NBCUniversal, LLC, Las Vegas, Nevada
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
• Direction of talent and other production crew members.
• Collaborate with editorial and technical personnel to produce high quality, compelling content.
• Document technical procedures and processes.
• Operate graphic and clip playback server operation via Ross Xpression and GV Stratus.
• Operate robotic camera controls using Ross Software (Smart shell).
• Set-up and maintain studio equipment and lighting.
• Work with management and engineering staff to continually refine workflows, creating new efficiencies and capabilities.
• Shape overall creative appearance of the broadcast using imaginative video, audio and graphics effects.
• Gives direction and timing to talent and other technicians on broadcasts.
• Ensure production crew works together effectively and efficiently to create the show they have been planning. Work closely with the TV producers to make sure the programs are professionally done, aired on time and free from error.
• Participate in station-sponsored events and all assigned special projects.
• Responsible for the ultimate technical quality of productions.
• One year of related work experience including: Responsibility for performing work as director and/or technical director of a news program. Minimum one year of hands on experience with automated production control systems. Experience with Ross Overdrive Production Automation or similar.
• Experience with advanced production switcher operation and setup, manual and automated graphics play out, robotic camera operation and playback server operations.
• Strong oral /written communication, interpersonal skills and the ability to work accurately under pressure and deadlines.
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish oral proficiency.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends and holidays if needed.
• Must be willing to work in Las Vegas, NV area.
• Must be 18 years or greater.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must accept Solutions, as NBCUniversal’s Dispute resolution program.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications.
• Minimum 1 year of hands on experience with Ross Overdrive.
• Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
• Knowledge of control room production within a 24 hour news cycle
• Familiarity with Grass Valley STRATUS, Ross Xpression, Ross Furio robotics system.
• Possess the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
• Can act decisively under stress and tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• The ability to seek simple solutions to complex problems.
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
• Strong journalistic skills.
• Significant experience in the news environment.
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• Team player mentality.
About NBCUniversal Local
NBCUniversal Local is NBCUniversal’s local media division that delivers English and Spanish-speakers and bilingual audiences in 31 U.S. markets and Puerto Rico, the very best in local sports, news, weather, consumer and investigative reporting, and lifestyle entertainment across any platform and screen. NBCUniversal Local is comprised of three individual media groups including the NBC Owned Television Stations, the NBC Sports Regional Networks and the Telemundo Station Group. The division is also home to multicast networks NBCLX, COZI TV and TeleXitos, the regional cable news network NECN, as well as NBC Spot On, an advanced video advertising business designed for local/regional CTV and OTT advertisers and several in-house companies including production company LXTV, marketing and promotions company Skycastle, its out-of-home business NBC Everywhere, and the Arthouse, a graphics design group. With seven regional sports networks and 42 NBC and Telemundo stations serving 38 percent of U.S. homes, NBCUniversal Local is the only network-owned local media division that is home to the largest bilingual local newsrooms within the country’s top 10 TV markets. NBCUniversal Local’s stations and networks serve diverse audiences and communities across linear, streaming, OTT, digital web, mobile and audio, and cable platforms and work together to keep local audiences informed anytime and anywhere. For more information, visit NBCUniversal.com.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.