The Linear Inventory Analyst (Sports) will be responsible for coordinating with the Inventory Manger and VP to support inventory needs for NBC Sports Group properties. This position will work cross-functionally with site leaders, finance, research, sales, ad operations, and pricing, and will be responsible for overseeing the ad inventory tracking, live-event monetization, inventory reporting, and RFP support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track and manage inventory for the networks of NBCUniversal Sports Group in Ad Sales Planning system
- Daily inventory reconciliation from previous days live events, proactively resolve oversells and product conflict issues.
- Analyze and direct planners on the best use of commercial inventory within each Sport on all sales plans, then approve inventory on working plans
- Manage effects of programming changes, deal changes and shifts through systems approval queue
- Approve post-sale deal changes – moves, splits and allocations
- Assist Inventory Managers with deal maintenance related to stewardship/post-buys/MSAs
- Interact with Sales, Planning, Sales Operations, Research, Marketing and Programming departments
- Maintain and manage reports for Sales and Planning on a routine and as-needed basis
- On an as-needed basis, project-based work (systems and process improvement) to support department Directors and SVP
- Routine meetings with Manager to discuss pending issues, resolve problems, and forecast inventory
- Liaison to the Direct Response team to ensure that unsold national inventory is monetized – approve program specific buys
- Keep abreast of industry news via trades to increase and strengthen knowledge of Ad Sales and get a general/broad understanding of industry, including relevant sports properties.
• Four year degree (B.A.,B.S) from an accredited college of university or equivalent experience
• 1+ year Sales Planner OR 2 years of Sales Assistant experience in media ad sales – Sports experience is a plus
• Expert understanding of Media Math
• Strong Analytical problem solving skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, , PowerPoint)
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Prior experience in Sales, Planning or Commercial Operations with a career interest in Strategic Planning
• Excellent computer skills, demonstrated analytical ability and organizational/project management skills
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel (Intermediate Level)
• Working knowledge of On-Air
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate/negotiate effectively with all levels within the organization (Customer Service Oriented)
• Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, deadline-driven media environment
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Manager, Data Analytics, Global Data Strategy & Transformation
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California
Senior Account Executive - Relocation and Sign-on Bonus Availa...
Cox Communications, San Diego, CA 92105