Incident Manager, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Remote
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Monitor the availability and performance of the end-to-end systems responsible for delivery NBC’s Direct-to-Consumer platforms
- Acknowledge any system alerts and ensuring that proper engineering teams are notified and engaged to resolve incidents where appropriate
- Ensure all incidents are recorded in ServiceNow and categorized properly
- Assess impact & urgency and compose detailed, accurate impact statements
- Quickly identify needed support teams and engage them for triage and resolution activities
- Coordinate audio conference bridges for major incidents to bring together all teams and vendors required to resolve the incident
- Ensure that incident ticket communication/documentation is accurate, timely, clear, and concise
- Create shift status Executive Summaries highlighting major incidents
- Assist in post incident review activity to create a more efficient incident management process for future incidents
- Assist in Change Management process, reviewing content quality of change requests and ensures that all changes are deployed according to approved schedule
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a relevant field
• Minimum one (1) year experience working in a digital media business, particularly in an operations role
• Technically proficient and able to diagnose and debug complex technical issues quickly
• Ability to follow established processes and workflows to ensure that all work is completed per group standards
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
• Must be willing to work in Stamford, CT
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Availability to travel as required
• Available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal’ s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
• Experience with streaming in a direct-to-consumer video business highly preferred
• Knowledge of video streaming platforms and cloud computing providers a plus
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable communicating with technical and non-technical colleagues and executives
• Ability to understand large complex software systems and their interdependencies
• ITIL Foundation Certification or higher
• Effective at managing multiple issues with conflicting priorities under tight deadlines
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks with little to no forewarning
• Demonstrated ability to react quickly, lead and perform exceptionally during critical/catastrophic events
• Fosters a culture of teamwork, unity, accountability, responsibility and respect
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.