Reporter, Healthcare, CNBC.com
NBCUniversal, LLC, See List Below, Multiple Locations
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The position is remote through at least the end of 2021 but can be based in Washington, D.C. or CNBC’s headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J. thereafter.
What you’ll do:
- Generate story ideas, break news and cultivate sources at high levels in the executive suites of the companies, federal and state governments, legal and investment communities.
- Cover breaking news with accuracy and authority in real time.
- Occasionally cover company earnings, corporate finance and other investment news that matters to our core readers.
At CNBC Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, you’ll have access to great perks and amenities:
- Sweat it out -- Free onsite fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment, basketball court and running course, plus daily group classes
- Eat up -- Gourmet cafeteria with daily specials plus soup and salad bars
- Unwind -- Massage therapy, ping pong tables, foosball
- Extras -- Dry cleaning, shoe shining and sneak peeks
When you join the NBCUniversal family, you’ll get…
We’re a global company that values our employee’s individual experiences and wellbeing. We know that we’re smarter, more dynamic and better together. That’s why we offer benefits and perks to meet your unique needs. Read more about them on our careers site here. We invite you to seek the excitement, the challenges and the opportunities that make working here so rewarding.
What you’ll bring:
- At least five years of experience as a reporter, preferably covering biotech, pharmaceutical companies or healthcare regulations and legislation.
- Proven track record breaking news and filing stories in a fast-paced, real-time news environment.
- Experience reporting and writing investigative stories and/or long-form features.
- A collaborative demeanor with experience working and coordinating with multiple teams and across multiple platforms: social media, TV and digital video.
- The ability to perform in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong writing, reporting, social media and technical skills.
- The abilitity work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and/or weekends as news breaks.
You’ll stand out if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- You have cross-platform experience on radio or TV.
- You have experience at a major online news site, daily financial publication, or the business desk of a midsize daily newspaper.
- You’re passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best reader experience online.
- You have ongoing knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news.
- You have a solid understanding of web standards and SEO.
CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to over 400 million homes worldwide. CNBC at night features a mix of new reality programming, CNBC's highly successful series produced exclusively for CNBC and a number of distinctive in-house documentaries. CNBC also delivers content across a variety of digital platforms such as: CNBC.com; CNBC PRO, a premium service that provides in-depth access to Wall Street; a suite of CNBC mobile apps for iOS and Android devices; Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri voice interfaces; and streaming services including Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV and Samsung Smart TVs. CNBC is a division of NBCUniversal, which is owned by Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.