As a Researcher, you will work directly with Associate Producers, Producers and Senior Producers to help write and assist in the production of original content for the TODAY show.
• Assist in producing original news content, primarily for broadcast, including research, conducting interviews and supporting field producing and shooting
• Researcher is expected to both pitch story ideas and work on assigned stories developed by the editorial team
• Researcher is expected to help fill in for Production Assistants, Desk Assistants and Graphics coordinators, where needed
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related
field of study
• 2+ years of experience working in production, at the
network or syndication level
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, as
researchers consistently work against deadlines, and
often in breaking news situations
Additional Job Requirements:
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on
weekends with short notice
• DV shooting experience
• Experience in non-linear editing
• Strong journalistic writing skills, research skills, and
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
• Knowledge of NBC News Policies and Guidelines and
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news,
current events and pop culture
• Experience using social media
• Ability to work with various NBC News departments,
including the HUB, Satellite Operations, Crew Desk,
Graphics, Affiliate Relations and NBC News Channel.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.