Product Design Lead, CNBC
NBCUniversal, LLC, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As the Product Design Lead, you will lead our CNBC design team and define, design and evolve our portfolio of cross-platform, business news products to serve customers and provide free and subscription-based real-time financial market coverage and business content.
- Multiple agile teams
- Lead a passionate, consumer-centric team to create and evolve CNBC digital subscription products that serve millions of CNBC customers.
- Channel broader CNBC design vision and articulate product design strategy via visual storytelling and artifacts.
- Be the consumer-advocate in cross-functional discussions.
- Contribute meaningfully to team goal planning to help drive a consumer-centered product vision.
- Be a core contributor and/or co-facilitator in product discovery.
- Grow expertise and stay current on customer needs and behaviors as they apply to subscriptions, working with Customer Experience and Research teams.
- Develop a deep understanding of the subscriber, data, business, and industry
- Inform design with qualitative and quantitative data
- Partner closely with engineering, product and project Agile team peers in design and development process.
- Evolve and build into the CNBC design system
- Create artifacts including but not limited to user journeys, flows, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity designs
- Facilitate design ideation
- Utilize design thinking skills to gather insights and inputs from internal stakeholders
- Build low-fi to high-fi designs as needed in the product development process to run reviews and to gain buy-in on ideas.
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams including research, editorial, marketing, broadcast, advertising, business development and others
- Collaborate with design peers and their teams to share learnings, leverage shared effort and ensure quality cross-platform experience
• 7+ years of experience as a product designer with
successful outcomes for digital products reaching
millions of users.
• 2+ years of experience as a manager of successful
customer-centric, data-driven product designers.
• Full-stack product designer who utilizes a data-driven,
human-centric approach to product design and
• Have had ample experience developing or contributing
into design systems
• Utilize UX research to support design decisions.
• A customer advocate who uses human-centered thinking
and empathy to understand customer needs and create
solutions for them
• Exceptional presentation and visual communication skills
• Excellent storytelling skills with a focus on data
• Enjoy working on a cross-functional, Agile team
environment, partnering with peers in engineering and
product to create those a-ha moments and solutions.
• Experience in the media, news, or technology/internet
• Experience with Product Discovery, Design Thinking,
If this sounds like you, and you’re excited to work with great people and the leader in business worldwide, we’d love to meet up! If interested, send us a resume and a link to your portfolio.
Note: this position is based out of our spacious, modern CNBC offices on the river in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, with its on-site cafeteria, masseuse, shoe-shine, dry-cleaning, and full-featured, free fitness center. New Yorkers, don’t panic - a convenient, complimentary shuttle is available from points throughout the NYC metro area!
• Bring your innovation-style mind set to find better ways of
working, collaborating and finding efficiencies (for internal
and external users).
• Experience with or interested in finance, investing,
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
With CNBC in the U.S., Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, CNBC World, and CNBC HD, CNBC is the recognized world leader in business news and provides real-time financial market coverage and business information to approximately 371 million homes worldwide, including more than 100 million households in the United States and Canada. CNBC also provides daily business updates to 400 million households across China. The network's 15 live hours a day of business programming in North America (weekdays from 4:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET) is produced at CNBC's global headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, N.J., and includes reports from CNBC News bureaus worldwide. By night, CNBC Prime is an entertainment network with a programming slate that is an extension of CNBC’s distinct brand. CNBC’s highly successful series are produced exclusively for CNBC, along with a number of distinctive in-house documentaries.
CNBC also has a vast portfolio of digital products which deliver real-time financial market news and information across a variety of platforms. These include CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the premium, integrated desktop/mobile service that provides real-time global market data and live access to CNBC global programming; and a suite of CNBC Mobile products including the CNBC Real-Time iPhone and iPad Apps.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
We are one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news and information to a global audience.
NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a premium ad-supported streaming service. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. We take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Join us.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.