Audience Development Editor, Regional Sports
NBCUniversal, LLC, Chicago, IL New York, NY, Stamford, CT, Philadelphia, PA
Create the extraordinary.
The Audience Development Editor will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that grow digital audiences in line with NBCUniversal’s business goals in their local Owned Television Station Markets. The ideal candidate is analytical, has strong news judgement and is a self-starter. If you love using data to learn what makes audiences tick, this role could be for you. This role is open to be remote; however, the work location may be reassessed based on business needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing SEO and social strategies to grow monetizable audiences to NBCU OTS’s owned properties primarily in East Coast markets
- Working across NBCUniversal's portfolios of East Coast Regional Sports Networks, including NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Chicago and NBC Sports Philadelphia
- Coordinating and executing campaigns to support NBCU’s tentpole events and Symphony initiatives
- Identifying trending stories on search and social and seeding them to local markets and national editorial teams, ensuring ideal packaging from ideation to publication
- Identifying topics for evergreen search and social content and writing as necessary
- Using tools like Socialflow and Slack to streamline the social and SEO process across the division
- Working closely with your colleagues in the research department to develop A/B test, create experiments and evaluate strategies to drive consistent audience growth over time
- Working closely with other members of the audience team to ensure top of funnel growth tactics sync with engagement and retention efforts
- Creating, updating and presenting training materials for editorial teams so that they stay on top of the latest audience development trends and remain up-to-date on understanding shifts in user behavior
- Providing regular insights to editorial teams about audiences in their market
• Minimum of 5+ years of professional experience working in an editorial, audience, social or SEO-focused role in a newsroom setting
• Strong attention to detail, self-starter and must possess innovative thinking capabilities
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ensuring data accuracy
• Must have strong news judgement
• Proficiency with social media platforms (i.e. Twitter, Facebook)
• Experience with one data platform (i.e. Adobe Analytics)
• Familiarity in Google Trends, Socialflow and Slack
• Spanish is a plus
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal' s affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.