Freelance Jib Operator
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
- Work with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped and automated programming under supervision of Director and Operations management
- Ability to proficiently operate Cammate Jib.
- Hand-held camera experience preferred as dictated by productions demands
- Assist in maintaining all studio cameras as well as the movement of all set pieces and props for the various shows
- In coordination with the Director, create and offer visually interesting and varied subject shots
- Willingness and ability to train others as needed for back-up purposes
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in live, multi-camera studio production preferred, with related camera operator experience is required
- Knowledge of Cammate, Jib along with Ikegami HD cameras is required
- Ability to identify and trouble shoot mechanical issues with Jib equipment and set up
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs. depending on set / strike studio gear
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Familiarity with NY sports a plus
- Proficiency in iNEWS or similar newsroom software system a plus
- With proper training, serve as fill-in for all other Tech 1 positions as needed (i.e. Robotic Camera, Playback, Video Shading)
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast paced, dynamic studio environment
Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.