Producer/Editor - SportsNet New York
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Reporting to the Director, Video Content Creation, the Producer/Editor will write, shoot, produce and edit short form and long form video/audio/visual content for SNY.tv and SNY's social media channels, as well as handling publishing and distribution responsibilities for the material.
This role also includes graphics responsibility, including the creation of animations and motion graphics for short form and long form video, and photoshop work for static graphics and video thumbnails.
The Producer/Editor will also help manage SNY's social media presence to maintain consistent voice and assist with audience interaction across social media platforms, and will also have a hand in managing and publishing content on SNY’s YouTube channel.
Produce video, images and GIFs for use across SNY.tv and social media platforms
Create, write, shoot and edit short- and long-form content assets that can be leveraged across multiple platforms
Optimize linear content to be published on SNY.tv and social platforms
Build audience engagement with an understanding of data and analytics, identifying and monitoring trends
Assist in podcast production
Design and create graphics for SNY.tv and social platforms content with fast turnaround time
Brainstorm with others for topical content that fits within the brand
Pitch concepts for original digital features and video series
Contribute ideas for and help write scripts for various branded content series and sponsorship opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience producing digital, social, and multiplatform content
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
- Must be proficient in using the following editing systems: AVID, Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Creative self-starter with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work across departments and on teams effectively
- Passionate sports fan with broad knowledge of the sports industry and New York market
- Strong editorial judgment
- Willingness to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Previous experience in a breaking news environment is a plus
- Experience with the following systems/cameras a plus: Tellyo, Snapstream, Wowza, DSLR, Sony FS7 iPhone 8+, Go Pros
SNY is an Emmy Award winning regional sports content creator with both linear television and digital platform distribution. SNY provides unparalleled and exclusive coverage of the New York Mets, New York Jets, UCONN Women’s Basketball and all things New York sports. As New York's leader in local sports coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through exclusive live games, nightly sports programs, and original entertainment. The linear network serves approximately nine million homes throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers. SNY also distributes up-to-the-minute New York sports news and exclusive series digitally at SNY.tv, and through its social channels on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.