Sr. Lead Data Scientist, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Remote
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
Here you can fly to new heights!
NBCUniversal, the global media company that brought you some of the world’s most iconic television and film franchises, including: The Tonight Show, Saturday Night Live, Keeping Up With The Kardashians, The Real Housewives, Mr. Robot, The Voice, This Is Us, The Fast & The Furious, Jurassic Park, Minions, and more - is launching an all-new video streaming service. It will seamlessly bring together the breadth and depth of NBCU’s broadcast and cable television series, movie titles, premier sporting events, and renowned news reporting... all in one destination… all in one app.
Are you ready to go beyond classic predictive analytics to the new areas like deep learning and reinforcement learning? Do you want to be a part of the team that builds and advanced recommender engine, active leaning platform, personalized solutions for marketing and advertisement? Join the world-class international team of smart, hungry and fearless professionals who are working at the cutting edge of technology and science at the epicenter of content, technology and culture.
As part of the Direct-to-Consumer Decision Sciences team, the Sr. Lead Data Scientist will be responsible for creating analytical solutions for one or more verticals of NBCU’s video streaming service including, but not limited to, customer lifetime value, automated marketing, personalized advertisement, commerce and revenue optimization systems, customer journey and CRM solutions.
In this role, the Sr. Lead Data Scientist will serve as a team expert in advanced statistical and machine learning methodologies and lead a group of data scientists to create analytical solutions for multiple business verticals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a group of data scientists in the development of analytical models using statistical, machine learning and data mining methodologies.
- Serve as the team expert in statistical inference, advanced statistical learning, Bayesian analysis, survival analysis and other areas of mathematical statistics
- Drive the collection and manipulation of new data and the refinement of existing data sources.
- A strong understanding of the differences between inferential and predictive models and experience applying methods in both areas
- Work with business stakeholders to define priorities, approaches and business requirements for data science solutions.
- Translate complex problems and solutions to all levels of the organization.
- Drive innovation of the statistical and machine learning methodologies and tools used by the team.
- Advanced (PhD preferred) degree with specialization in Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research or other STEM fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience in advanced analytics in industry or research.
- Experience in leading small teams or/and being a lead data scientist on large commercial projects.
- Expert level knowledge of statistical methods and machine learning. Ability to define the direction for a project and select appropriate methods and tools. Up to date knowledge of recent advancements
- Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems using Cloud Platforms preferred.
- Experience with using data visualization tools and techniques to deliver business insights and value.
- Proficient in multiple analytics and programming languages such as Python(preferred), R, Julia, Java, Scala or similar
- Experience in data processing using SQL and PySpark preferred
- Excellent communication skills and adept at explaining complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to influence technical decision that align well with overall business strategy.
- Working experience with neural network and reinforcement learning
- Experience with multi-billion record datasets and leading projects that span the disciplines of data science and data engineering
- Experience with commercial recommender systems.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level digital analytics platforms (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Experience with television ratings and digital measurement tools (Nielsen, Rentrak, ComScore etc.)
- Experience building streaming data pipelines.
- Experience with large-scale video assets
- Team oriented and collaborative approach with a demonstrated aptitude and willingness to learn new methods and tools
- Pride and ownership in your work and confident representation of your team to other parts of NBCUniversal.
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
- Working experience with neural network and reinforcement learning
About NBCUniversal, LLC
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Director, Creative UPG Games & Digital Platforms
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California