Casting Coordinator, Extras
NBCUniversal, LLC, Miami, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
- Reads and interprets the script within the context of character portrayal and description to ensure the appropriate selection of talent
- Determines different extra universes to request talent proposals (in cases of extra continuity, for example – high school, work offices, general public, etc.) and general extras to be used throughout the project
- Direct communication with extra’s agencies and managers throughout the entire production and request extra’s proposals as needed
- Responsible for evaluating extras proposals from managers and schedule casting presentation with general producer for approval.
- Help if needed with casting submissions and schedule casting presentations for Main Cast, Guest Starts and Day Players
- Creates the project on Smartsheet or similar casting platforms to have all extras pictures and contact information in the system
- Reviews and/or prepares a detailed PowerPoint presentation with photos and proposals of extras to general producer for approval on a weekly (or as needed) basis
- Responsible of all extras requests made by producers throughout all of the production
- Sending the weekly extra request to the managers/agencies via email and also the weekly tentative schedule. Responsible for confirming to agencies. which extras are approved.
- Responsible for COVID-19 extra’s schedule (productions process) to send Covid coordinator all necessary information
- Responsible to send daily extra’s breakdown to production for the following day for awareness
- Responsible of post-mortem presentation at the end of the production
- Responsible for assisting manager in placing calls to agents in an effort to check the availability of selected actors and or schedules appointments with actors and/or agencies if needed it
- Acts as the liaison between the Talent Department and extras and assists in determining and coordinating the schedules and arrival of talent
- Works under the direct supervision of the Casting/Talent Director and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Responsible for finding and selecting special requests (dancers, stand in doubles, models, etc) through different agencies and approving with production
• Minimum 1 year of experience in the TV production industry it’s a plus
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Internet search engines and other programs
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions if necessary
• Willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID_19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVD-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Prior experience working for a casting/talent agency or similar company
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• An influential team player
• Customer service oriented
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.