VP, Media Engagement, Insights & Research
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
In response to this business goal, we have organized the Insights & Research team to focus on areas of expertise and of value to our clients. The Vice President of Media Engagement, with their team, will produce research that examines as well as understands how content and contextual relevance influences brand affinity for advertising partners, as well as how the connection to NBCU’s intellectual property impacts the customer journey. This role will require an individual who excels at turning data into a narrative.
The VP will be responsible for leading a team of researchers who will set the strategy and develop an annual calendar of insights for distribution, internally and externally. This leader should be as comfortable on a stage sharing their research at conferences as they are working in a spreadsheet interfacing with senior-level internal stakeholders as well as clients.
You should be interested in this role if you feel passionate about TV content and its ability to ignite consumer loyalty, buzz, and engagement, for both viewers and brands. You should agree that Sponsorships in strong IP provide opportunities for brands to connect across many touchpoints that are integrated in culture. This is a role for someone curious, who wants to continue learning, to work at the forefront of the evolving video ecosystem and to collaborate with exceptional colleagues.
- Partner with the SVP of Insights & Research to develop a roadmap for Media Engagement insights, aligned with NBCU Sales goals and client objectives
- Insights writing for industry distribution in the form of white papers, blog posts, infographics and/or go-to-market presentations
- Lead the Media Engagement team by fostering a positive and inclusive culture, provide ongoing learning as well as growth opportunities
- Partner with the Primary Research team in the development of proprietary research to understand attitudes toward and motivations of content engagement
- Interface across the many sales and NBCU business units (marketing, strategy, corporate communications) on various initiatives that relate to external-facing insights
- Generate demand of NBCU content IP and sponsorships through proactive insights
- Holistic Sponsorship evaluation among priority content to support the value of sponsorships and create new GTM narratives
• 10+ years’ experience in consumer insights, media research, and digital analytics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bachelor's Degree desired, Master’s Degree preferred in relevant field (Business, Market/Consumer Research, Marketing, or related field)
• Experience directly leading a team
• Effective presenter and clear communicator
• Strong writing skills – ability to take data and transform it into salient trends and insights
• Ability to cultivate strong relationships using interpersonal skills, inclusive of past success managing clients/stakeholders and vendors
• Outstanding project management and time management skills
• Understanding of quantitative/qualitative research methodologies, survey design and analysis
• Experience partnering with a fast-paced, high performing sales team and comfortable in a client-facing role / presenting directly to external parties
• Proficiency with TV/digital applications; syndicated research tools i.e. Nielsen, TV Brand Effect, MRI
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.