Director, Casting & Talent Relations
NBCUniversal, LLC, Miami, Florida
Create the extraordinary.
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
The Director is also responsible for the overall management and coordination of the Casting and Talent Relations teams which includes Casting & Talent Relations Manager, Casting & Talent Relations Specialist, and Talent and Talent Relations Coordinator, etc.
- Consults with the VP of Casting & Talent Relations regarding projects, casting needs/preferences or certain roles
- Meets with writers to understand character needs.
- Reads the scripts, character profiles and casting scenes for better understanding of character motivations and rolls and reviews material needed for casting call executions (percentages, roll profiles, casting scenes, etc.)
- Works with team on a list/brainstorming of possible talent taking into consideration the emotional characteristics, physical characteristics, and physical requirements of each character to be casted on all shows and pilots
- Coordinates with Talent team the casting schedules on Casting Networks or similar casting systems for performers auditions
- Coordinates with Talent team to follow up with performers and agents on their availability and interest in the project for casting purposes
- Responsible for supervising casting process with Casting team and schedule casting presentations for evaluation of VP of Casting
- Responsible for constantly identifying new talent, casting agencies, and acting schools.
- Requests updated resumes, photos, films, and video tapes for performers under consideration and distributes scripts accordingly
- Works with team on casting evaluations and provides VP of Casting with casting recommendations
- Supervises team on the creation of Talent requests, presentations, and project needs (SharePoint, Scenechronize, PowerPoints, Cosmogonias, Cast lists, etc.)
- Responsible for notifying managers of casting status (Selections / casting end dates)
- Analyzes the changing needs of talent for main cast, bit players and extras
- Supervises team on selection process of Guest Stars, bits, extras, and doubles as needed
- Works with production team and HR to solve unexpected problems with talent
Talent Relations Responsibilities
- Supervises all talent relations for all scripted talent located in US and Latin America, etc.
- Executes star system strategy for all talent by evaluating, analyzing, and coordinating requests for talent appearances at events and other Networks.
- Works with Business Affairs and PM&O to maintain track of all talent requirements (travel, contact info, visas, manager/publicists)
- Works with the talent entertainment team on talent requests Billboard, PTM, Latin AMAs, iHeartRadio or any other Specials/Priorities
- Supervises team on talent invitations to carpets, events, after party and coordination pf all logistics (i.e., talent check-in tent, transport, travel, glam team, etc.)
- Assists and coordinates with team the review and execution of all internal requests (UND, SLS, ARV, LVK, any specials/shows, Digital, Telemundo Internacional, Public/Community Affairs, Publicity team, Peacock)
- Act as liaison between Studios, and Studios Creative Producers, Publicity, Digital, Network, TI for talent requests (promotions, events)
- Coordinate Hollywood talent visits (welcoming committee representing Telemundo)
- Works directly with other departments and coordinates team for all talent needs on location during Marketing campaigns, EPKs, Show premieres, Digital trainings
- Travel to events and locations for all talent requests
- Works under the direct supervision of the VP of Casting & Talent Relations and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
- Ensures that all work is done under the technical guidelines and operations procedures of Telemundo Studios’ infrastructure and adheres to EHS/OSHA/SAGAFTRA/ regulations and procedures
- Follows policies, applicable laws, and regulations to protect his/her own health and safety as well as that of other workers, the public, and the environment
- Raises concerns about possible violations of EHS policies to your manager, business and EHS Leader
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the production industry
• Industry knowledge including Talent Agencies, Talents, industry trends, etc.
• Previous experience working with scripted productions
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish
• Willingness to travel including weekends and to work long hours
• Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
• Must be willing to facilitate personnel requirements including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment.
• Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Internet search engines
• Must be able to perform job at locations in and outside work environment with varying weather conditions
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven and very demanding environment
• Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Team player
• Customer service oriented
• Prior experience working for a casting/talent agency/ Talent Relations or similar company
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 30 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Creative Jobs For You
Analyst, Advanced Content Analytics, Decision Sciences, Peacock
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York