Manager Entertainment Events
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City CALIFORNIA, US
Create the extraordinary.
1. Ensure that the Universal Studios Hollywood vision, mission & values, and Guest Service Philosophy & Standards are understood and supported across the organization.
2. Essential Accountabilities:
- Cultivate and lead a department culture that promotes a professional, collaborative, inspiring, fun and teamwork-driven work setting for all Team Members.
- Oversee the daily operation of a specific show venue and/or area, including managing staff and process/procedures, and providing necessary direction and/or support for Guests, Team Members and operations. Assign projects and duties to direct reports and communicate ongoing expectations.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and management of an on-going Action Plan to improve and maintain Team Member engagement and satisfaction (TSAT).
- Have knowledge and maintain all show quality across all entertainment products and communicate any concerns or feedback to the appropriate stakeholder(s), including Show Quality Team.
- Oversee and manage labor and non-labor budgets, including reporting variance explanations. Work with senior leadership to adjust budgets (and appropriate tracking documents) based upon operational requirements. Plan and develop operating budget (IOP) and capital expenditures for following fiscal year.
- Oversee the operational efficiency and effectiveness of administration, venue/show, area and/or elements. Resolve any issues as they arise and seek opportunities to improve process and procedures collaborating with stakeholders, Team Members, etc. as appropriate.
- Provide direction, development and support to supervisors, leads and hourly Team Members. Communicate feedback and address any and all performance issues, providing recognition, coaching.
- Works with Entertainment Operations and Entertainment Production on administrative issues.
- Responsible to ensure an annual updated and accurate SOP/GOP available to all Team Members. Ensure that all compliance training/requirements (i.e Floor Warden, AMQD ride survey, etc.) appropriate area/element is developed, updated and completed in accordance with annual plan and deadlines.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training, and employee involvement activities. Includes completion of I&I, housekeeping and/or other safety follow-up documentation as required for department.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other park department leaders and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
3. Team & Department Strategy:
- Lead the creation of an annual calendar for all projects. Create milestone documents for each project using the information from the annual calendar.
- Ensure that team meetings are held once per week to review each project next steps, establish priorities, assignments and deadlines. Create and maintain project tracking tool(s) to communicate steps, priorities and assignments to share with the team and Sr. Manager ongoing.
- Build annual budget for both labor and non-labor needs, and ensure proper budgetary guidelines are followed throughout the year.
- Lead the planning and execution of Team Member interviews for Seasonal Supervisors and other related support positions.
- Partner with Show Quality Team and Entertainment Operation and Production to ensure standards are routinely reviewed and updated. Forge productive collaborations with each team and lead/facilitate through stages of ambiguity. Update Sr. Manager routinely where there are issues with partners.
- Lead an After-Action Review process after each project. Create and maintain tracking of feedback that can be incorporated into future projects. Create post-project report that is shared with department leadership.
4. Development of Direct Reports and Seasonal Reports:
- Using company performance development tools, administer performance feedback, coaching and annual evaluations for direct reports.
- Ensure that job descriptions for direct reports are updated annually and approved by Sr. Manager. Review updated job description with direct report at their annual evaluation.
- In partnership with Sr. Manager, design plans for Team Members’ involvement with each project, ensuring their experience from beginning to end is planned, smoothly executed, and they have the tools they need to effectively deliver consistent results for Guests and other Team Members.
- Lead initial on-boarding and training as well as on-going skills development for all seasonal support staff. Set expectations and leadership standards for all seasonal support staff of assigned event.
- Ensure that tracking and relaying performance feedback, coaching and annual evaluations for seasonal supervisors and/or support personnel is assigned and executed.
5. Project Planning and Advancing:
- Maintain and review milestone documents for each project. Ensure they are updated weekly.
- Working with partners, colleagues and leadership team, develop and implement programs to improve Guest and Team Member satisfaction.
- Lead the development, implementation and follow through of various Health & Safety programs for each project.
- Partner with Entertainment Production, Operations and other Park partners to ensure a seamless transition between pre-production phase of project planning and the event operation for Team Members and Guests.
- Partner with Guest Relations, Operational Excellence and Corporate Security to ensure our operating plans are shared before opening each project.
- Maintain up-to-date SOPs and training curriculum/procedures for all recurring projects (i.e. HHN, Grinchmas, etc.).
6. Project Operations:
- Provide direction to various sized teams in the execution of events, ensuring that all operating components are in accordance with department and company standards.
- Supervise the tracking of all Job Performance Logs and provide updates to Sr. Manager regarding trends, suspensions and terminations of Team Members.
- Ensure appropriate and timely investigation and response to any Guest and Team Member concerns by consulting with Director and approved partners. Conduct Team Member investigations and/or disciplinary actions, ensuring they are conducted appropriately and timely, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Oversee labor tracking management (daily/weekly) for all projects and reported weekly to Sr.Manager and Finance. Ensure that all daily payroll-related exceptions and clocking revisions (overtime, meal penalty, errors, re-classing, extenuating circumstances, etc.) are maintained.
- Serve as designated Duty Manager for the Entertainment when required.
- Investigate, track, and provide feedback to leadership and Guest Relations regarding negative guest interactions.
- Implement daily pre-shift meeting template for all projects and ensure direct reports are delivering same format at every pre-shift.
- USH Entertainment Department is committed to promoting a collaborative, productive, and engaging workplace for all Team Members. We require Managers and Supervisors to lead by example promoting a professional, inspiring, fun, and teamwork-oriented work culture.
- General Knowledge and Skills Required: Managers shall have the ability to read, interpret and follow documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. The Manager shall be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Manager will be able to effectively communicate, present information, and answer questions in one-on-one and group settings.
- Communicating and influencing: Managers are required to communicate effectively with people at all levels in the organization, including providing specific, timely feedback to managers and others to work together more effectively.
- Managing Others: Identify required skills and criteria to ensure best quality hiring. Demonstrate the ability to assess performance and take appropriate coaching, corrective action, or termination if necessary. Provide associates with all the information, history and resources they need to do their jobs and to feel a partnership with the organization. Coach and develop Team Members for current and future responsibilities. Communicate performance goals and standards routinely so that Team Members understand expectations and how they are linked to organization and department vision, values, and goals. Provide regular, specific feedback that Team Members can use to continuously improve performance. Demonstrate a commitment to organizational initiatives with words and actions. Encourage Team Members to contribute; recognizing, reinforcing, and rewarding contributions. Encourage Team Members to be innovative and willing to take risks, tolerating well-intentioned mistakes.
- Quality and partner focus: Continuously look for ways to refine and improve work processes to achieve better results. Follow through on commitments made to internal and external partners.
- Maximizing resources: Work collaboratively with all Team Members in the organization and support others when requested. Seek expertise, advice, and perspectives from a variety of sources both within and outside the organization to ensure a high work standard and an engaging culture for Team Members. Maintain a productive balance between the concern for people and concern for work results.
- Project Management: Design/develop plans for accomplishing objectives, monitoring status, and providing regular status updates. Provide relevant information to others in a timely manner and follow through with commitments made to others. Recognize the broader implications of a project; doing all that should be done, not just as directed.
- Learning and adapting: Remain productive during periods of ambiguity, uncertainty and change. Demonstrate a willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments. Proactively utilize slower periods to improve work and or work environment; equipment maintenance, archiving, general organization, etc.
- Leadership: Set a positive, productive and communicative tone as a leader in the department. Partner with the leadership team when representing policies and procedures, remaining positive with Team Members, and voicing concerns directly to leadership. Consistently exhibit an “open door” demeanor which fosters approachability, professionalism and openness. Be available to all Team Members equally, treating all Team Members fairly. Promote healthy, collaborative and positive tone/vibe in venues, areas and/or elements.
The Manager, Entertainment Events is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl; and see, talk, and hear. The Manager must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.
Creative Jobs For You
Anchor Production Assistant, MSNBC on Peacock - The Mehdi Hasa...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington DC, US