Digital Content Producer -NBC Universal City
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City CALIFORNIA, US
Create the extraordinary.
· Report and write original stories daily for our stations’ digital platforms, primarily our websites nbclosangeles.com and/or telemundo52.com.
· Select, report, write and edit high-value stories, ensuring the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy.
· Collaborate with TV reporters and producers; repurpose, enrich and publish broadcast video and scripts for digital formats.
· Curate content across all our digital properties and perform regular quality assurance checkups.
· Use data analytics to help guide content strategy in real-time and in planning stages.
· Collaborate with TV reporters and producers; repurpose and enrich broadcast video and scripts for digital formats.
· Use SEO Search Engine Optimization and social media strategies to engage our audience and reach new users.
· Help plan digital coverage of news events and station tentpoles.
· Work across departments, including marketing and community, to execute station initiatives.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· A minimum of an undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, communications, political science or Spanish or combined college and work experience
· A minimum of 3 years of experience
· Must be willing to work in-office in Universal City, CA
willing to work in-office in Universal City, CA
Other Knowledge and Skills Requirements
· Experience as an editor, writer or digital news producer at a news organization that creates content under tight deadlines.
· Strong news judgment and the ability to identify and prioritize high-value stories of the day.
· Ability to problem solve and multi-task with unwavering attention to detail.
· Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changing work schedules; must be willing to work outside of normal working hours and on weekends with short notice.
· Understanding of SEO and social media strategies.
· Strong interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels.
· Must be willing and flexible to adapt to changes in responsibilities as dictated by newsroom needs.
· A deep understanding of internet culture is a plus.
· Excellent Spanish language skills, including speaking, reading, writing and copyediting.
· Experience working with TV newsroom software, newscast rundowns and scripts is a plus.
· Experience or familiarity working with live streams and technical troubleshooting.
· Basic understanding and demonstration of solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
· Experience in the Los Angeles market and familiarity with Southern California audiences and communities.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands