Political Data Reporter, NBC News Political Unit
NBCUniversal, LLC, Washington District of Columbia, US
Create the extraordinary.
NBC News is seeking a dogged reporter to join our political unit to cover Washington, the midterms and the 2024 election through a data-driven lens.
The ideal candidate has a strong command of the political landscape, sourcing across the political spectrum, and loves to find and expertly use data to reveal new information. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who loves to marry reporting with data to tell stories that can cut through the noise and clutter.
You would collaborate closely with the team that produces the longest-running TV show in history, Meet the Press, and your work would support its editorial direction, as it evolves and expands in new and innovative ways. Your reporting would help power multiple MTP show franchises, such as Data Download, NBC’s First Read and other new editorial offerings, the Meet the Press blog, as well as NBCNews.com.
- Research, report and write multiple pieces per week
- Report with accuracy and skill under deadline pressure, and be available for night and weekend work as needed
- Break exclusive stories and develop unique pieces on elections, campaigns, fundraising, demographics and politics for Data Download, First Read, MeetThePress.com and NBCNews.com
- Be a full member of the team, contributing guest and segment ideas at Meet the Press and NBC News political unit meetings.
- At least 3 years' experience covering and writing about national politics for a newspaper, magazine or website
- Deep knowledge of national politics
- Proven record of clear and authoritative writing
- Ability to break news and work on deadline while also pursuing enterprise stories
- Highly motivated and collaborative
- Experience writing, producing or launching newsletters or a demonstrated interest in newsletters is a plus.
- Position is based on Washington DC
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.