SVP, Music Creative Services
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City CALIFORNIA, US
Create the extraordinary.
The SVP, Music Creative Services oversees the series and promotional music services for all NBCUniversal television properties.
- Manages direct reports who lead the in-house music supervision, promo/marketing and music licensing television departments
- Handles music supervision on select high-profile series and programming events such as the Olympics
- Works closely with showrunners and creators on the suggestion and commissioning of composers for series as well as original work-for-hires
- Oversees and manages the music for all USG productions by working closely with showrunners, composers, music supervisors, production executives and third-party distributors
- Collaborates with production executives and provides suggestions and guidance on music budgets
- Ensures the music process runs smoothly cross all clients, is creatively noteworthy and on budget
- Build and maintain relationships with label and publishing reps, music aggregators, libraries, managers and agents
- During development and/or upon greenlight, identifies all production music needs not limited to the hiring of additional music personnel such as executive music producers, contractors, songwriters, music production managers, music directors and arrangers and recommends ancillary budgets for all recordings sessions
- Additionally responsible for contract negotiations, creative pitching, strategic partnerships cross marketing and NBCU and oversight of all TV soundtracks
- Maintains proactive oversight of the ongoing creation of original music assets
- Manages all aspects of NBCU produced TV musicals along with one off musical performances that occur in scripted episodes
- Train and educate junior staff members
- Minimum 15 years of experience as a music supervising executive
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- Demonstrated aptitude for managing and leading a team
- Clear history of thriving in a high-volume, fast-paced, innovative, and collaborative environment
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.