This position manages all aspects of the sales and marketing activities in a specified sales channel(s). This includes: Meeting with accounts for in-person business reviews, accountability to channel budget, frequent and regular reporting of key performance metrics, sales channel planning, ability to make recommendations, deploy sales strategies. This position is responsible for implementation of the processes established by the Company management as the “standards” for the team.
- Develop demonstrated expertise for the sales channel, the Universal Studios Hollywood brand, proprietary systems (B2B webstores, USH Connect API, SmartOrder 2.0) and brand marketing priorities. Effectively support brand priorities with business opportunities leveraged from sales channel expertise.
- Implement sales strategies to drive profitable revenue growth and market share, meeting or exceeding budget targets for attendance, revenue and per cap.
- Maintain and grow revenue from existing client accounts by identifying and leveraging opportunities for organic growth and market share acquisition.
- Travel to conduct in-person meetings with accounts, including and not limited to, Quarterly Business Reviews and annual planning meetings.
- Identify and prospect new accounts, channels of distribution and opportunities to develop into new and incremental business. Work with internal sales analysts and cross-functional team members to frame up new business opportunities for review.
- Professionally represent the theme park at local, regional, and national tradeshows, conduct on-site FAMs (familiarization tours of the park), onsite and offsite training events, park site inspections and other in-person events to strengthen the relationships of our brand in the marketplace and sales channel call to action.
- Deliver effective presentations to internal teams such as business reviews to management, and external customers such as proposals.
- Responsible for the sales channel budget and spending within budget limits; contributes meaningful input to the fiscal planning process.
- Consistently demonstrate cross-functional partnership and collaboration with internal departments including legal, finance, theme park operations, and guest communication.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of account files including budget trackers, contracts, advertising orders, marketing trackers, key account profiles, and account management tools as developed, using the Salesforce.com system to tract account activity, insights, opportunities, campaigns and objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years of previous sales experience.
- Willingness to travel overnight for business is required.
- Willingness to attend weekend and night events is required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- The ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds safely.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is required; major in in Business Administration, Sales or Marketing is preferred.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong team relationships, including external partners, while driving for positive results. Must positively contribute to the team culture.
- Interest and aptitude in interpreting the numbers in context of answering business questions.
- Requires strong reading, writing, communication and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) required.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures.
- Personal computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based and custom-designed applications.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.