Creative Director, Motion Design & Branding
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City CA, US
Create the extraordinary.
- Direct and produce multiplatform on-air marketing, advertising and promotional materials for use in broadcast, social, and digital advertising for NBC Entertainment.
- Lead, inspire and oversee multiple teams of designers in the development, creation of motion branding and graphics and execution of all related tactics
- Identify, engage and manage external creative agencies, photographers, cinematographers, freelance designers, animators (2D and 3D), and other vendors
- Coordinate with project management/GFX producers to identify project needs and timing, and build and meet deadlines
- Lead presentations to internal partners and executives, including the CMO
- Direct production of finished creative with in-house team and outside vendors, managing retouching, rendering and delivery of elements and graphics package toolkit
- Collaborate with NBC Integrated Design teams, including print, digital and social design, as well as the video promo and content teams to create cohesive marketing campaigns
- Attend and direct motion branding shoots, interact with director of photography, photographers, show producers and cast talent
- Travel as necessary
- Partner with various teams across NBCU from Broadcast, Cable and Streaming, including Marketing, Programming, Public Relations/Press, Ad Sales, Affiliate Marketing and more
- Communicate project status and development to leadership
- Work with the VP Creative Director to identify ways to strengthen the NBC Entertainment brand image
•7+ years of agency advertising and/or in-house film, television, or commercial motion design experience
•3+ years as ad agency or in-house television or film creative director
•Strong presentation, organization, and communication skills
•Strong understanding of VFX and motion graphics workflows
•Strong writing and storytelling skills and ability to craft narratives that engage the audience.
•Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Acrobat.
•Excellent working knowledge of Cinema4D and affiliated rendering options.
•Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
•Must be willing to travel to photo and motion branding shoots as needed
•Ability and willingness to work overtime and weekends with short notice
•Must be willing and able to work in Universal City
•Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
•Must be 18 years or older
•Must have a portfolio that demonstrates excellent design skills and capability. If available, include a
web address when you submit your resume.
•Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
•Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
•Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
•Excellent management and leadership skills, editorial judgment, and creative abilities, with solid communication skills, written and verbal.
•Strongly developed conceptual skills and ability to convey them in presentations
Knowledge of all aspects of motion graphics, design and production.
•Extensive experience in directing motion branding shoots
•Experience in directing photoshoots a plus
•Self-starter who is innovative, enthusiastic, and highly motivated
•Team player who is not afraid to step up and do what is needed to get the job done.
•Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment
•Manage heavy workload with flexibility.
•Constant learner and explorer of emergent technologies to improve efficiency and creative in design, development, animation, production.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.