This is a short-term position.
- Record news events
- Understand and practice ethical journalism
- Gather news facts and create compelling stories when on assignment with or without a reporter
- Work with daily deadlines
- Edit video for broadcast and website
- Responsible for daily operation of all ENG equipment including ENG cameras, audio, lighting, microwave equipment, and cellular-bonded live units
- Monitor and understand government and public service radio frequencies
- Operate motor vehicles and live trucks
- Perform other related duties to ensure high quality news coverage
- Contribute to social media coverage
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a news photographer
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate required
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds of gear
- Must be willing to work at the station in San Diego location
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must have ability to work any of a 24x7 shift
- Must submit a sample of own work to be considered
- Thorough understanding of computer technology as it relates to non-linear editing and HD photography
- Familiarity with Panasonic P2 Cameras
- Familiarity with social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Ability to provide written and visual content to the website
- Broadcast writing skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro or other computer-based editing
- College or vocational school education in broadcast communications, journalism, or photographer
- Team player and adaptive to flexible work environment
- Motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Display a positive work ethic and ability to work under tight deadlines
- High degree of integrity and professionalism
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) both written and verbal preferred
- Familiarity with bonded cellular transmission processes such as Dejero and LiveU
- Familiarity with digital file formats such as Latakoo and WeTransfer
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.