Reports to the Senior Vice President, NBCU Corporate Events
- Research, develop, manage, and execute special events for all NBCUniversal properties, both nationally and internationally.
- Negotiate contracts pertaining to event accommodations, entertainment venues, activities, transportation, etc.
- Creation of floor plans as well as creative ideation, design and installation of décor plans and event branding.
- Manage guest invitation/communication process and travel procurement for each assigned event.
- Responsible and accountable for event budgets and reconciliation.
- Interact directly with marketing and sales to gain working knowledge their client’s needs to create custom events, promotions, for advertising partners.
- Generate and research new event ideas and opportunities for the sales staff and advertising clients.
- Develop contacts and relationships with vendors including hotels, restaurants, transportation companies, etc. to secure best possible rates and opportunities for NBC.
- Maintain working knowledge of happenings in the industry as well as up-to-date information on new hotels, restaurants, nightclubs, etc.
- Work closely with merchandise director to develop ideas for creative and unique premium ideas for each event as well as on-going NBC merchandise.
- Minimum of 7 years of direct experience in corporate event planning.
- Must be able/willing to travel at least 40% of the year.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Confident, mature and creative team player.
- Extremely detail-oriented, with strong organizational, multi-tasking, decision-making and problem-solving skills (solutions oriented).
- Must have excellent stamina and be willing to work long hours and weekends.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, as well as strong executive presence.
Salary Range: $110,000-$125,000; bonus eligible
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.