Seeking a hard-working, creative and passionate publicist who has experience executing all facets of theatrical publicity campaigns. Must have strong editorial relationships, and direct prior experience pitching and securing coverage for talent, filmmakers, and events/stunts. Will be responsible for pitching, securing and planning long-lead and fast-breaking publicity campaigns for a diverse array of theatrical releases. Will also manage the planning and execution of special screenings, premieres and stunts - which includes hiring vendors and overseeing event budgets. Ideal candidate must be able to work effectively as part of a team while overseeing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with Vice President to plan and execute publicity campaigns for all theatrical releases; this includes pitching and securing A list editorial and bookings; overseeing preview issues & specials and helping to secure exclusive placement of assets
- Manage special events, screenings and premieres (includes sourcing, hiring and overseeing vendors and agencies; managing event budgets; coordinating logistics for permits; overseeing creation of all collateral materials [invitations, step & repeats, décor]; communicating with talent representatives and senior executives; overseeing invite lists; liaising with the MPAA on behalf of the studio.
- Work with departmental VP’s and the field team to coordinate press days and junkets which includes handling talent schedules, pitching and securing press, scheduling and confirming interviews, and trouble-shooting with talent representatives as necessary.
- Develop and manage guild relationships throughout the year (which includes setting special screenings and programs, coordinating Q&A’s, and liaising with guilds re: special protocols, invites, mailings and deadlines).
- Work closely with department’s Vice Presidents and talent reps to pitch and coordinate editorial opportunities for filmmakers, cast and below the line talent as part of both theatrical and awards campaigns
- Work with head of department to create and manage publicity office budgets; this includes liaising with the finance team to provide updates and reports as necessary and working with the publicity team to track spending
- Pitch and monitor special issues editorial throughout the year
- Cover talent at television shows, special appearances, press junkets/press days, guild screenings and film classes
- Work closely with Vice Presidents to manage day-to-day activities of the publicity agencies
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in film publicity including direct experience pitching and securing editorial as well as working on awards campaigns.
- Must have prior experience working with agencies and talent representatives
- Will have strong working relationships with journalists, talent representatives and guilds
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- Motivated and passionate professional who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to pay attention to details under deadline pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with talent, senior executives and peers
- Must be a team player who is able to work in an open and collaborative environment
- Genuine love of film and pop culture is a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.