Multimedia Journalist, Telemundo Nuevo Mexico
NBCUniversal, LLC, Albuquerque New Mexico, US
Create the extraordinary.
KASA - Telemundo Nuevo Mexico is currently looking for a Multi-Media Journalist responsible for writing, editing and reporting news stories, including live reports, in all of our platforms linear and non-linear on a daily basis. The ideal candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of television news production and outstanding writing and verbal communications skills.
• Produce daily content on a variety of platforms including broadcast, web, social media and OTT, as well as gather material to contribute building the rundown.
• Must deliver news reports, including live reports, demonstrating energy, confidence, professional appearance and voice quality
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems
• Be informed on news events locally and nationally
• Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories
• Assist producers in establishing sources, finding and executing enterprise news stories, building and maintaining strong list of story ideas
• Ability to ad-lib and improvise effortlessly in various types of on-air situations
• Able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Must represent the station in a professional manner, in person and on social media
• Participate in community events and station activities from time to time as master of ceremonies and/or Host as requested by the Company.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Spanish market broadcast television as a multi-media journalist.
- BS/BA in journalism/ Communications.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
- A high level of skill and mastery of the Spanish language is essential.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays
- Must be willing to work in Albuquerque – Santa Fe area.
- Candidate must work effectively with others in a team-oriented environment.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Excellent driving record and active driver’s license.
- The position requires traveling.
- Independent problem solving & multi-tasking.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.