Select, NBC News/CNBC’s shopping and product recommendation site, is in growth mode – we’re hiring an Updates Editor to help refresh our evergreen shopping coverage.
The Updates Editor will be responsible for refreshing NBC News Select’s library of evergreen content based on seasonality and search trends. Refreshes will involve updating product recommendations, fact-checking, revising and updating copy and images, as well as completely overhauling pieces with reporting and editing as needed. The Updates Editor will work with other teams across the company to make informed decisions about what to update and suggest ways to improve coverage and expand coverage on trending topics.
The ideal candidate should be versed in SEO best practices, including but not limited to headline optimization and keyword research. They should also be comfortable with interviewing sources and working directly in a content management system.
- Refresh existing articles, which may include conducting interviews with sources, performing market research and updating copy directly in the CMS
- Work with the SEO team to identify trending keywords and topics
- Pitch, research and write new SEO-sourced articles
- Work with the social team to identify areas of opportunity with evergreen content
- Support the editorial team when needed, especially during high-traffic shopping events
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $75,000 - $90,000
- 2-3 years of writing or editing experience at a digital publisher
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to be organized and multitask in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Interest in shopping trends
- Ecommerce or lifestyle experience a plus
- Experience with SEMRush, Google Trends and Google Search Console a plus
- Experience at a major news publication a plus
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
- In select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated, must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or adhere to enhanced protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Weather Content Producer — NBCUniversal Local TV Stations
NBCUniversal, LLC, Needham Massachusetts, US