SJ Station (NBC Bay Area) News Internship – Spring 2023, San Jose, CA
NBCUniversal, LLC, San Jose CALIFORNIA, US
Create the extraordinary.
During their rotation, interns will:
· Participate in daily editorial process: planning, researching, newsgathering, logging, writing and editing
· Learn editorial and technical aspects of news gathering
· Shadow producers and assignment editors
· Produce individual news stories for demo reels and online
· Handle daily office administration functions and assist on the assignment desk
· Create individual special project opportunities
· Interns should have some experience in journalism, at least in the classroom, but preferably in a television newsroom setting.
· Schedule requirements: Interns should be willing to work a variety of shifts in order to get the best experience.
Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit.
NBCUniversal interns must meet the following criteria:
• In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress. We will consider recent graduates one semester beyond degree.
• Current class standing of Junior or above
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a Visa or sponsorship
• The ability to work at the station, located at 2450 N. First Street, San Jose, CA
Desired Backgrounds Include: Journalism or Broadcast Journalism, Digital/New Media Studies, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Production, English, Social Media, Research.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
About NBCUniversal, LLC
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Visit NBCUniversal Careers.
Want to learn more about NBCUniversal, LLC? Visit NBCUniversal, LLC's website.
Home of the world’s best books.