Events Project Coordinator
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY - Corporate Center Drive
Work at Newsday Media Group
The Event Project Coordinator is responsible for the execution of cross departmental events and special projects at Newsday. The position is responsible for both business to consumer (B2C) and business to business (B2B) live and virtual events, including Newsday tent poles, custom created sponsored events, community events and in Studio II productions. The role works closely across departments, consulting with Audience, Development, Editorial, Studio, Consumer Marketing, Advertising Sales, Digital Technology and Finance.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Support the execution of multiple in-person and virtual events from kickoff to completion.
- Support manager in research, speaker/entertainment options, labor and staffing coordination, food and beverage, planograms/floorplans and traffic flow, site evaluations, permits and contracts.
- Work with counterparts across various departments to ensure deliverables are met.
- Monitor tickets sales and ticketing platform, as well as correspondence with event attendees.
- Monitor marketing promotions, ensuring that the predetermined marketing plan is executed accordingly.
- Oversee all project elements within time limits and budget, this includes, but is not limited to, promotional materials, printed materials (signage/postcards/banners), event specific supplies, monitor graphics, staffing, freelancers, etc.
- Schedule cross departmental kickoff meeting for each event to review project. Prepare agenda and documents that will be presented at the meeting.
- Support production of all virtual events, both live and pre-recorded, including, but not limited to scheduling events, running event platforms, reviewing event videos for accuracy and edits.
- Provide on-site and office support to Newsday’s community activations activity as needed.
- Oversee and update the Newsday Live website via our content management system
- Oversee the processing of all receipts, invoices and expenses tied too each individual event to ensure all vendors and event partners are paid appropriately and on time.
- Provide clear, well-written periodic reports for postmortem presentations.
- This is a hybrid position. Employees are generally required to work in the office a minimum of three (3) days per week.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Associates degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or Event Planning preferred or equivalent related experience.
- Media experience preferred but not required.
- Experience producing in-person and virtual events.
- 2 - 3 years of work experience as an events project planner or organizer.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, and other functional programs.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize while meeting aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Must demonstrate positive energy and enthusiasm regarding collaborative work with Editorial, Consumer Marketing, Audience Development, Advertising Sales, Client Solutions, Research, Editorial and Finance departments.
- Must be a hands-on team member who demonstrates initiative to roll-up their sleeves and get the job done.
- Must have ability and willingness to work a flexible and varied schedule on occasion to include weekends and extended hours as needed to support the business.
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional communication skills to consult with event partners and clients (sponsors), identify their needs, and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Able to conduct market research, gather information and present the data.
- Commitment to compliance with all insurance, legal, health, and safety obligations.
- Preparing for potential scenarios that could impact the integrity of an event.
- Must possess a reliable means of transportation to travel to various events across Long Island.
- Driver’s License in good standing.
- Must have ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time while overseeing and participating in functions and events.
- Ability to reach, bend, lift as necessary with or without accommodation. This position will often help set up events and functions.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40lbs on occasion to help move equipment, furniture and supplies to set up events.
- The annual salary range for this position is $60,000 - $65,000.
Newsday Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to actual or perceived sex, race, color, age, national origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partner status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, religion or religious creed, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
About Newsday Media Group
Newsday Media Group (NMG) is one of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations, serving Long Island and New York City through its portfolio of mobile and digital products, print publications and live events. With 19 Pulitzer Prizes and other esteemed awards for outstanding journalism, our mission and vision is to engage consumers and businesses by connecting them to the communities in which they live, work and play.
NMG properties include the award-winning Newsday, Newsday.com; amNewYork, New York City’s most widely circulated free daily paper along with its mobile app and amNY.com; Newsday Connect, the digital solutions company serving Long Island business owners; and Newsday Local Publishing, one of the Northeast's largest groups of weekly shopper publications.
Want to learn more about Newsday Media Group? Visit Newsday Media Group's website.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Client Solutions Executive Manheim - Greater Sacramento
Cox Automotive, Sacramento, CA, United States