Producer - Multimedia
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY - Corporate Center Drive
Work at Newsday Media Group
The Multimedia Producer will be responsible for shooting video and stills on daily news assignments and long-term projects. To achieve those assignments and coverages, the Multimedia Producer will work with editors within multimedia, the newsroom and the television studio. Sound news judgement and a background in journalism is required. This person should also understand and watch emerging technology, industry trends and assess how that can be applied to our visual coverage across platforms.
Essential Duties & Functions
- Coordinate, review and approve all daily news assignments and finished videos.
- Identify stories that will serve the interest of our viewers.
- Coordinate coverage of daily news events with assignment editors and news desk editors.
- Shoot stills and videos.
- Operate required cameras and related gear with competence and maintain as required.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required. A Degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent work experience is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years of professional, journalistic and/or journalism-related experience required.
- Ability to build, manage and lead high functioning teams required.
- Ability and desire to guide, train and mentor producers and editors.
- Ability to manage staff in a fast-paced, high demand environment.
- Experience with various styles of reporting and video creation (digital-first, TV, social- only, long form, live, episodic or serial).
- Must possess strong and proven editorial judgement.
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Adept at encouraging communication and sharing of ideas, including pitching stories and projects
- Proficient in video editing, knowledge of Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Ability to interact professionally and build relationships and sources, and engage viewers and subscribers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven team environment.
- Ability to shoot and edit digital video.
- Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines.
- Must possess a flexible and varied schedule to include weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed to support business needs.
This is a hybrid position. Employees are generally required to work in the office a minimum of three (3) days per week.
- Must be able to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. (includes carrying, pushing, pulling, setting up and moving cameras, equipment…)
The annual salary range for this position is $80,000 - $85,000, commensurate with experience.
Newsday Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to actual or perceived sex, race, color, age, national origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partner status, military/veteran status, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity or expression, religion or religious creed, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
About Newsday Media Group
Newsday Media Group (NMG) is one of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations, serving Long Island and New York City through its portfolio of mobile and digital products, print publications and live events. With 19 Pulitzer Prizes and other esteemed awards for outstanding journalism, our mission and vision is to engage consumers and businesses by connecting them to the communities in which they live, work and play.
NMG properties include the award-winning Newsday, Newsday.com; amNewYork, New York City’s most widely circulated free daily paper along with its mobile app and amNY.com; Newsday Connect, the digital solutions company serving Long Island business owners; and Newsday Local Publishing, one of the Northeast's largest groups of weekly shopper publications.
Want to learn more about Newsday Media Group? Visit Newsday Media Group's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States
Creative Jobs For You
Associate Marketing Specialist, Energy Efficiency
Eversource Energy, Westwood, Massachusetts, United States, 02090
Repair Tech- Musical Intruments-Competitive Pay
Guitar Center, Prairie Du Sac, Wisconsin, United States, 53578