Editorial Assistant (Part Time)
Newsday Media Group, Melville, NY - Corporate Center Drive
Work at Newsday Media Group
Essential Duties & Functions
- Answer phones and respond to emails from Newsday customers, noncustomers and other outside callers.
- Collaborate with and assist colleagues across print, digital and video platforms about questions and issues from the public.
- Help Newsday retain and build subscribers and new, diverse audiences through quality customer service.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail.
- monitor editorial email inboxes and forward to appropriate parties.
- Help with onboarding of new employees.
- Help with newsroom special projects as needed.
Essential Job Knowledge & Skills
- Must have a personable manner and ability to handle all types of personalities with a calm, professional demeanor.
- Strong writing and verbal skills.
- Must be collaborative and communicative with colleagues across all platforms.
- must be able to work a flexible schedule, including holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to assist with clerical needs.
- Multitasking skills and ability to make sound, quick decisions.
- The hourly base rate for this role is $22.45.
- Ability to travel throughout Long Island, if required.
- Driver’s license in good standing and reliable means of transportation are required.
Newsday Media Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and incumbents are selected, placed, trained, compensated and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or disability or other classifications protected by applicable law. In addition, Newsday Media Group provides a reasonable accommodation for applicants/incumbents with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources if you require a reasonable accommodation.
About Newsday Media Group
Newsday Media Group (NMG) is one of the nation’s most dynamic media organizations, serving Long Island and New York City through its portfolio of mobile and digital products, print publications and live events. With 19 Pulitzer Prizes and other esteemed awards for outstanding journalism, our mission and vision is to engage consumers and businesses by connecting them to the communities in which they live, work and play.
NMG properties include the award-winning Newsday, Newsday.com; amNewYork, New York City’s most widely circulated free daily paper along with its mobile app and amNY.com; Newsday Connect, the digital solutions company serving Long Island business owners; and Newsday Local Publishing, one of the Northeast's largest groups of weekly shopper publications.
Want to learn more about Newsday Media Group? Visit Newsday Media Group's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands