Mid-Level to Senior Level Public Relations Professional
newsPRos, Remote, Work from USA
Work at newsPRos
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
newsPRos, a national public relations agency, is adding to its team of a dozen public relations professionals. We are looking for someone to join our team who brings their A game every day. This particular position will work on a team with three other PR professionals serving a global law firm. 100% of your time will be devoted to this client with whom we have worked for over two decades. All of our work is focused on issues related to the work of the law firm and the lawyers.
The position includes daily client contact and should be someone who wants to work with a team of senior professionals. This high-level position involves significant pitching of reporters and getting results for our clients. The ideal candidate either has worked on the communications team of a law firm or a professional services firm and IS KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT the legal industry.
We work as a team and spend our time in-the-trenches talking to reporters. We deal with a broad range of business/legal issues ranging from healthcare, energy, education, environment, tax, employment, insurance, deals, legal industry issues, among many others.
Right now, client contact is via phone and zoom and there is the potential for travel to client’s offices depending on your location and how COVID continues to impact business.
We are looking for a professional with the following skills:
- Develop and write pitches after talking with lawyers, leadership, or head of initiatives at a law firm
- Monitor the news, legislation, regulation, both federal and state, in multiple industry sectors to track and take advantage of upcoming events and breaking news
- Ability to learn the ins and outs of different industries for which you will be responsible
- Maintain relationships with reporters
- Research and build targeted media lists, quickly
- Pitch and call reporters at top-tier publications and persuade them to interview our clients
- Maintain workflow and follow up on multiple projects simultaneously without dropping the ball
- Draft written materials including press releases, talking points, media statements and surveys and nominations
- Maintain personal administrative work, time keeping, activity reports, etc.
Location is not a dealbreaker, but these cities are preferred – Los Angeles, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Dallas, Houston, Austin, Princeton, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, New York, and Washington, DC.
This is not an entry level position, please only apply if you are an experienced public relations professional. We are a very collegial team working closely together and we are truly partners with our clients who greatly appreciate our work. The position is about client management and getting the results the clients expect. We have great clients and long-lasting relationships with them. Quality of life at the firm is very positive. The position is remote.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
newsPRos is a national public relations agency
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Email Marketing & Operations Specialist (6-months contract)
NBCUniversal, LLC, Remote, Work from USA