Social Media Producer
Nexstar Media Group Inc, Chicago, IL USA
Work at Nexstar Media Group Inc
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
NewsNation, America’s newest primetime cable news network, is seeking to hire a social media producer to help grow the cable network’s news and talk show programming’s presence and following on all major social media channels. This is a great opportunity for a motivated team player with social media savviness to be a part of a team responsible for building the network’s social media presence from the ground up.
NewsNation is America’s source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc, the country’s largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the U.S.
Key responsibilities include:
- Craft compelling headlines and social media posts and that encourage followers to click into story or watch video.
- Manage social media posting schedule to maximize audience interests.
- Communicates with broadcast show producers on content availability.
- Monitors guest schedules to perform social outreach to guest’s followers.
- Creates and posts content that provides value to users while providing broadcast / brand awareness.
- Monitors live broadcasts for unexpected spot content opportunities to create and promote.
- Manages freelance content creation support.
- Works with digital editorial team to promote app downloads and newsletter subscriptions.
- Uses data to inform programming decisions that helps brand reach digital audience and traffic goals, and grow broadcast brand awareness.
- Three (3) years’ experience publishing content to a brand’s social media accounts
- Working knowledge of social distribution, social monitoring and content discovery platforms.
- Experience gathering and/or producing news and information on the web.
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly.
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker.
- Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure.
About Nexstar Media Group Inc
Nexstar's enterprise-class ad tech platforms, video monetization technology, and professional digital agency services deliver powerful digital advertising and content monetization solutions to brands across both national and local markets in the United States.
- Nexstar's Networks Division is seeking to hire an experienced Social Media Manager for our NewsNation platform. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms.
- Nexstar's Networks Division is seeking to hire an experienced Social Media Producer for our NewsNation platform. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms.
Want to learn more about Nexstar Media Group Inc? Visit Nexstar Media Group Inc's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.