Northern Virginia Magazine, Chantilly, VA USA
Northern Virginia Magazine explores where to eat, shop & play across the region.
Salary: Competitive salary with benefits
Northern Virginia Magazine, a thriving lifestyle publication, seeks a Senior Editor to join the team as we continue to grow our brand.
Who we are: Since 2006, Northern Virginia Magazine has covered the people, places, and culture of the region known as NoVA. We produce 12 issues a year and maintain an active website.
What we’re looking for: An editor who can do some of everything— whip together a snappy front-of-book item, edit a longform profile, and oversee our several daily e-newsletters with equal aplomb. You are curious, always on the lookout for story ideas, and are an excellent writer when you need to be (though you’ll mostly be editing others’ work). You are organized, deadline-oriented, and pay scrupulous attention to detail. You have at least three years of journalism experience and believe in the role local media plays in its community.
What you’ll do:
- Pitch ideas and write or assign stories on local culture, entertainment, shops, style, interior design, and interesting people
- Develop and manage our network of freelance writers
- Edit freelancers’ stories into sparkling, error-free copy with a clear voice and angle
- Work with editorial and art teams to plan story visuals
- Work with the digital team to produce original content and edit newsletters
- Other tasks at the direction of the Editor
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Three or more years of post-grad experience in the media or producing editorial content
- Top-notch research, reporting, writing, and editing abilities
- Ability to use AP Style
- A sense for the stories and angles that will grab readers’ attention
To apply: Please submit resume, cover letter, salary history and a link to your portfolio or 3-5 writing samples.
This is a full-time position based in our office in Chantilly, Virginia, an area renowned for its natural beauty, status as a tech hub, and proximity to Washington, D.C. Remote candidates will not be considered. We are an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls, please.
About Northern Virginia Magazine
We strive to celebrate a region teeming with entrepreneurs and philanthropists; educators and politicians; entertainers and artists; families and students.
Through a pastiche of compelling narratives and informative prose, Northern Virginia Magazine explores and discovers the personalities that make up our eclectic neighborhoods and thriving businesses.
A magazine with tireless dedication to its community, Northern Virginia aims to be a nonpareil resource for a region that extols progression, treasures history and enjoys the comforts of home.
We’re proud to announce that our magazine has won a multitude of editorial and design awards, including 14 Virginia Press Association awards.
Want to learn more about Northern Virginia Magazine? Visit Northern Virginia Magazine's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Looking for content! Music, Film, Art, Culture, Food, History...
TJV News Limited, Remote - anywhere in the world