Oxford University Press, Remote, Work from USA
Come join us !
Responsible for developing and coordinating bespoke marketing plans and executing campaigns for a variety of trade, nonfiction books year round. Role supports all aspects of marketing for the assigned US Trade list, and coordinates advertising, promotion, social media, and appropriate metrics from start to finish.
- With direction from Supervisor and other members of the trade team, plans and executes bespoke marketing campaigns for the assigned US Trade list.
- Acts as main author contact for assigned titles, representing marketing on relevant author calls and in author correspondence.
- Coordinates social media and commissions content marketing for assigned titles.
- Creates marketing collateral, such as Amazon A+ content, quote cards, social media images, and digital assists, including (but not limited to) writing design briefs and coordinating design projects, in-house design creatives, and social media copy writing.
- As directed by project lead, books digital advertising for assigned titles, assisting the team with cluster ad bookings.
- Assists with digital advertising creatives and ad placements, utilizing UTM tracking.
- Supports with post campaign data, reporting, and analysis.
- Researches and implements consumer and bookseller outreach for key front list titles.
- Collaborates with marketing counterparts in the UK and US on wider global marketing campaigns, and social media advertising.
- Serves as a point of contact for sales, editorial, and publicity, as well as authors and agents.
- Liaises between Trade Marketing and Publicity to create joint campaign marketing and publicity plans.
- Contributes at relevant meetings and presentations (e.g. marketing meetings, Sales Conference, Editorial Board).
- Maintains various system updates, including STAR, Percolate, and FileMaker maintenance.
- General team support and input, as directed by the Senior Marketing Manager and Head of Trade Marketing.
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- Publishing industry experience desirable, but not required
- Digital marketing and content marketing skills preferred
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Experience presenting to groups a plus
- Highly organized, creative, detail-oriented, and social-media savvy
- Ability to independently balance a variety of responsibilities and handle many projects simultaneously, efficiently, accurately, and on budget.
- Data-driven and ROI focused
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Twitter, and Facebook advertising platforms, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Position Location: This position can be fully remote or hybrid (3-4 days in the office per month) and it can be located in either our New York office or North Carolina office.
About Oxford University Press
Education changes lives forever. It broadens horizons, breaks down barriers, and fires imaginations. Like the University of Oxford of which we are a part, we are committed to uncompromising standards, freedom of expression, and the enrichment of lives through education. This is our motivation, our purpose, and our mission. It is why 100% of the money we make is reinvested into education and research. It is why all 6,000 of us in 52 countries care deeply about reaching more people, in more places, with world-class learning and research materials and services.
Want to learn more about Oxford University Press? Visit Oxford University Press's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.