PT Community Manager
Switzer Senior Villas, Shawnee, KS, US, 66203
Work at Switzer Senior Villas
Founded in 1923, The Yarco Companies, is a full-service, multi-family real estate firm that delivers highly specialized Property Management Services, and focuses primarily on Affordable Housing. To learn more about our company visit www.yarco.com.
Yarco is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or physical or mental disability. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).
This safety sensitive position is responsible for the overall operational and financial success of the residential property and exceeding resident service standards. Manage and develop residential staff for personal and professional growth and ensure high employee job satisfaction.
Each community location has pre-designated office hours which this position will need to accompany to ensure community operations are functioning effectively.
Financial: Administration of leasing procedures to meet/exceed budget established for the property by meeting occupancy and rental rate goals, controlling expenses through inventory control and purchasing procedures, accurately and timely reporting of payroll, prompt collection of revenue, collection of rent and initiating Unlawful Detainer process when necessary. Keeping abreast of marketplace. Inspections of each apartment unit during check-in & check-out, assuring that the owners' assets are protected at all times and that appropriate deductions are taken from deposits.
Management, Recruiting & Staff Development: Interview and screen potential on-site employees. Train and motivate employees by communicating company philosophy, policies, and procedures. Conduct orientation for on-site employees and encourage continued education. Responsible for staff retention and maintain positive employee relations. Evaluate staff performance. Motivates, promotes teamwork, and empowers staff members to achieve a common goal.
Property Appearance/Upkeep: Keep the property in a neat, clean, and well-maintained condition; see that preventative maintenance schedules are met. Daily exterior and interior inspections of the community to assure curb appeal, maintenance, cleanliness and security procedures are being followed.
Customer Service: Maintains the property by meeting the company standards for resident satisfaction. Ensures that a responsible person is available for building emergencies at all times. Accurate preparation and processing of all leasing forms, maintenance orders, rent collection, company reporting, and is available for on-call emergencies as needed.
Perform other duties as needed.
Essential Mental Alertness Requirements:
- Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
- Not mentally or physically impaired from any cause that can adversely affect ability to safely and competently perform the duties of the position
- Ability to take prompt and appropriate response to operating conditions
- Ability to work in an unfatigued state
- Ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
- Ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one’s short-term memory
- Ability to concentrate
- Ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
- Demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree in Marketing and/or business preferred.
Experience: one to three years of residential management or related experience or a combination of education and experience.
Physical & Cognitive: Ability to lift, push and pull up to 40 pounds.
If job includes or may include driving for company business:
- Driver must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record with company insurance carrier
- Driver must have reliable means of transportation
- Driver must have the ability to be insurable at standard rates for driving
- Driver must provide proof of personal auto liability insurance when using vehicles for company business
To be hired, candidates will be required to successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen.PandoLogic. Keywords: Community Services Manager, Location: Shawnee, KS - 66203
Home of the world’s best books.