Fairchild Fashion Media: Digital Designer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Entry Level
Fairchild Fashion Media: Digital Designer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Fairchild Fashion Media, a division of Penske Media Corp., is seeking an incredibly talented designer in the digital space who has a deep passion to design for the world’s top editorial fashion brands. You know beautiful design when you see it and you understand how the details make all the difference. Your portfolio is a highlight reel of great design thinking and pixel perfect execution.
Are you looking for your next great challenge? Do you want your work to define the next creative online evolution?
- Partner with Creative Director, Photo Editors, and Editors to develop, design, and build digital features and products
- Design assets for social networks and ensure they meet brand guidelines
- Clearly and effectively present visual designs to design team, management and internal stakeholders using the latest prototyping technology
- Active participation in research and strategy discussions with product managers and stakeholders
- Managing your time wisely and keeping the team up-to-date while juggling multiple projects at once
- Guide and participate in the testing process to interpret user feedback, usage data, industry trends, etc.
- Two+ years’ experience with Sketch, Adobe CC and inVision, specifically with mockups, web design and multimedia presentation
- Knowledge of technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML and how it relates to design
- Experience working with WordPress
- Experience working with a design system is a plus
- Strong attention to detail, quick learner, ability to take direction and feedback with a positive attitude, and willing to work as a team
- Experience with designing for editorial websites is a plus
- Video editing capabilities are a plus
- Candidates must submit a link to their online portfolio or send work samples when applying
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.