Variety: Video Producer / Editor
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Variety: Video Producer / Editor
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Variety Media is hiring a Video Producer / Editor who will be a key member of a growing video production team, working within an extremely fast-paced entertainment news-based and creative environment. From video content for social media strategies, to developing regular content, to shooting content in our studios, virtually or on location, the Video Producer will help grow our video footprint in the digital space in many formats. This role will be able to quickly edit, create custom graphics, and package content into dynamic short form pieces. Fluency in both emerging and longstanding social/video platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Periscope, TikTok, Snapchat and Facebook are essential.
The ideal candidate should have a track record of producing original high production value content video. The primary role for the Video Producer is to work with our teams, contribute ideas, technical expertise, and create video content that engages our audience across our variety of brands and a multitude of platforms. This role reports to the head of Video Production and is based in Los Angeles.
- Produce video that is conceived for the web - .com, YouTube, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.
- Work with our video team and various brand leaders to fill the growing demand for video content surrounding events
- Write, shoot and edit high quality footage that suits the needs of the brand
- Manage on-location shoots, sets, and crews
- Manage multiple productions and ensure delivery on time.
- Record and edit weekly podcasts, video and audio.
- 4-6 years’ of experience shooting, creating and managing the production of premium digital video
- Background in entertainment, news, fashion or similarly related digital consumer media
- Thorough and current understanding of video distribution in a fast-paced and ever-evolving video environment
- A track record of producing premium, high-visibility video for large-scale audiences
- Fluency in core video social platforms and their video integration
- Ability to work efficiently across multiple events, platforms and stakeholders
- A track record of coming up with solutions for logistical challenges
- Passion for digital/entertainment/news/fashion
- Fluency with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Shooting with DSLR, digital cinema, and mirrorless cameras
Now celebrating its 115th year anniversary, Variety is the seminal voice of the entertainment industry. Featuring award-winning breaking news reporting, insightful award-season coverage, must-read feature spotlights and intelligent analysis of the industry’s most prominent players, Variety is the trusted source for the business of global entertainment. Read by a highly engaged audience of industry insiders, Variety’s multi-platform content coverage expands across digital, mobile, social, print and branded content, events and summits.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Here you can see your future.