PMC: Manager of Communications
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
PMC: Manager of Communications
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC), whose award-winning content across more than 23 brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is hiring an enthusiastic and dynamic publicity professional ready to expand their skill set as PMC’s Manager of Communications. Reporting to PMC’s Head of Public Affairs & Communications, this is a unique opportunity to help execute a comprehensive media and PR strategy across print, digital and events for PMC corporate and all of the PMC brands including Variety, Rolling Stone, IndieWire, and The Hollywood Reporter. PMC is a fast scaling, mission-oriented company with a highly collaborative spirit. We are seeking a team member who is ready to move into this position, to work on a small, nimble, and mighty team that is passionate about our brands and eager to make an impact.
Based out of our Midtown Manhattan offices, the Manager of Communications will work closely with internal senior leaders to help deliver publicity and communications strategies for PMC and its media brands. This talented communicator must have a creative and strategic mind for spring-boarding best in class journalists, content and events into various media channels. This is a chance to expand your PR skill set in a one-of-a-kind role.
What You Will Do
- Support the PMC Communications team with public relations strategies and outreach for various brands across the portfolio as well as some work on PMC corporate.
- Work with the Communications team and all the brands’ sales, live media and marketing teams as well as editorial teams to support the media relations strategy and tactics.
- Ensure all media outreach maintains brands' integrity, style, tone, voice, and mission.
- Brainstorm with team to help write press releases, statements, briefing materials, pitch letters, professional bios, and other communications.
- Maintain and build upon existing relationships with key industry reporters and influencers to help communicate each brand’s unique positioning, including maintaining media contact lists and other administrative records for the team.
- Support the teams’ proactive and reactive media relations strategy and story management across several growing verticals.
- Help route media inquiries and interview requests.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a regular basis.
- Assist with PMC corporate positioning and employer branding (e.g.: on job sites like Glassdoor LinkedIn, Instagram), including writing posts on all such sites.
Your Skills and Background
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below; if you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- 3-5 years in public relations, communications, or journalism function.
- Sharp and effective communicator, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, research, and writing skills.
- A self-starter; manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while working independently.
- Proactively identify communications opportunities and develop supporting programs.
- Able to excel in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities; understand the need to be nimble.
- Team-oriented and highly collaborative.
- Solution-oriented, you find ways to resolve issues that arise.
- Experience securing media coverage in print, online, and broadcast for products, content, thought leaders, or company news.
- Comfortable and engaged with social media, eager to help build and maintain a cohesive content outreach strategy.
- Flourishes in a “hands-on role,” staying involved in all aspects of projects from inception to completion.
- You’re excited to think about big picture strategies but are also comfortable with day-to-day tasks that arise.
- You get things done! Using strong business acumen, insightful analytical skills and superior project management skills, you manage through competing priorities.
- You see the big picture while being able to hone in on the details.
- You feel passionate about working for PMC and its robust portfolio of brands.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Senior UX Prototyper, Peacock Product Design, Viewing Experience
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York
Coordinator (Sports & Olympics), Partner Marketing NBC -New York
NBCUniversal, LLC, New York, New York