SHE Media: Branded Content Producer
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
SHE Media: Branded Content Producer
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
SHE Media is looking for a highly creative, solution-oriented and self-motivated branded content producer to create engaging sponsored content that aligns with advertising campaigns across our women’s lifestyle sites SheKnows.com, StyleCaster.com, HollywoodLife.com and BlogHer.com.
The Branded Content Producer we are seeking is a skilled writer and editor, a clear communicator, and an organized multi-tasker who is comfortable working with our editorial, sales, integrated marketing, and client services teams. The right candidate will be someone who thrives on collaboration and knows how to develop data-focused campaigns that align with the client’s objectives, but also has a keen understanding of what users want to read across a wide variety of topics spanning fashion, beauty, health, parenting, food, home decor and entertainment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in digital publishing, including SEO best practices and how to package content for multiple distribution platforms. Prior experience with e-commerce is preferred.
- Produce and manage the entire creative process for every sold campaign requiring editorial integration — from providing initial concepts to setting timelines, writing compelling content and managing client revisions to evaluating performance metrics
- Assure quality content, grammar, spelling, format consistency and overall site continuity based on editorial style and voice, while ensuring brand initiatives are met
- Use various metrics, including traffic and e-commerce conversions, to track performance of content and inform branded content strategy
- Brainstorm ideas for original thematic and brand-integrated content, including articles, slideshows, live events, commerce content and larger tentpole packages
- Work closely with editorial, social and design teams to create and execute sold content on site and on social media
The Fine Print:
- 5+ years of experience in digital media or magazine publishing
- Strong writing and editorial experience, particularly in parenting, food and women’s lifestyle
- Ability to juggle numerous projects at once under deadline pressure
- Must have basic knowledge of Google Analytics and SEO best practices
- A sense of what drives traffic and engagement in the digital and social media space
- Experience working in a CMS (such as WordPress or Drupal) and basic Photoshop skills; experience working with Basecamp a plus
About SHE Media:
With a mission of women inspiring women, SHE Media is revolutionizing the publishing industry by forging a new kind of model that seamlessly integrates users, editors and content creators onto a single platform designed to empower all women to discover, share and create. Whether it’s parenting or pop culture, fashion or food, DIY or décor, our award-winning editorial team, experts, bloggers and social media influencers produce authentic and on-trend content every day. We dig deep to learn what makes our audience tick, revealing unexpected insights on women and digital media. Our robust, end-to-end suite of premium branded content and influencer marketing solutions generate nearly 1 billion ad impressions per month (sources: DFP), allowing brands to distribute authentic content and integrated advertising at scale.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.