Sourcing Journal: Senior Sustainability Editor
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Sourcing Journal: Senior Sustainability Editor
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Sourcing Journal is looking for a senior sustainability editor to join our family of apparel publications. In addition to editorial content, the editor will work closely with the branded content and events teams to produce sustainability related reports, webinars and events. This role will be based in New York.
- Act as content lead for all sustainability content across apparel, footwear, denim and retail
- Develop story angles and research, write and edit features
- Program content for webinars, workshops and events
- Liaise directly with clients on products like reports, videos and whitepapers
- Work closely with the Publisher, EIC and the design team to ideate new sustainability products and events
- Cover business conferences, trade shows and summits, including some travel
- At least 5-7 years of print and digital experience in a relevant field
- A deep understanding of sustainability leaders, terminology, concepts and principles
- Active relationships with executives in sustainability, CSR professionals and NGOs
- Experience writing and editing both long- and short-form pieces
- Experience managing client relationships
- An understanding how a B2B audience differs from a consumer audience
- Experience with software including MS Word, Excel, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress and others
We’re seeking someone who:
- Is self-directing, self-motivating, proactive and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Has exceptional attention to detail and a passion for ensuring the highest standards for all projects
- Is highly engaged and passionate about sustainability
- Is an open, clear communicator
- Has strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment that’s growing quickly
Sourcing Journal Media is a leader in apparel and footwear business coverage. It is the go-to resource for fashion industry professionals, offering essential news and analysis daily along with informative webinars, podcasts, reports, videos and live events. Our readers include executives focused on all areas of the market, including textiles, design, sourcing, trade, technology, compliance and retail.
About Sourcing Journal:
Since its founding in 2009, Sourcing Journal swiftly took the lead as the top-tier voice for sourcing and manufacturing industry thought leaders. Part of PMC since 2017, Sourcing Journal’s expert editorial team leads the industry conversation with smart investigative journalism, breaking news, analysis of global market conditions and industry white papers. With more than 70,000 readers, Sourcing Journal is the premiere trade publication for apparel and textile executives focused on sourcing and manufacturing. Sourcing Journal knows that intelligent business decisions are based on strategic, time-sensitive information. With continuous updates on global market conditions, Sourcing Journal makes sense of an increasingly complex sourcing landscape.
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 180 million and empowers more than 1 million global CEOs and business thought-leaders in markets that impact the world. Our dynamic events, data services, and rich content entertain and educate today’s fashion, retail, beauty, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global influencers are informed, connected, and inspired. To learn more about PMC and its iconic brands, visit www.pmc.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.