The Hollywood Reporter: Content Manager
Penske Media Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.
Salary: Base + Benefits + 401-k
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Hollywood Reporter: Content Manager
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Penske Media, owner of over 20 leading media brands, is looking for talented individuals to join the video team at The Hollywood Reporter, Billboard and Vibe to fill the role of Content Manager in our LA Office. This role is an integral part of the video team, responsible for the distribution and viewership of a new slate of content that the video team is rolling out.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative, mission-based company and make an immediate impact on a growing team, comprised of producers, hosts, editors, and strategists. The video team has developed a new 2021 slate of shows, and this role will be responsible for making sure all shows and videos are properly formatted and distributed across all platforms. It is a key driver of viewership for all videos being released! This is a dynamic role that requires an eye for content, analytical thinking, and attention to detail. Being nimble and willing to do what’s needed to get content rolled out and posted appropriately will fuel your success in this role and lead to growth opportunities within a team that loves to build careers.
- Work with video team to manage the flow of videos to various platforms to drive video views and consumption across platforms.
- Work with video production team to align with rollout of videos.
- Create scheduling docs that help organize the rollout of content.
- Handle uploading of video content and scheduling content on various platforms.
- Writing headlines, creating keywords and descriptions for videos.
- Ensure proper tracking and metadata is in place for all videos
- Creating YouTube thumbnails and descriptors.
- Be constantly finding, acquiring, processing and adding video to high traffic articles and pages of the website.
- Work with social and bus dev teams to format and distribute content appropriately for each platform and partner
- Monitor and track traffic of videos on THR.com and social sites.
- Should have a minimum 3 years of similar experience in digital space
- Familiarity with WordPress, YouTube, Snapchat, Twitter, TikTok and other social platforms
- Self-starter who is used to working with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Ability to produce content rapidly
- Analytical thinking and ability to read and summarize viewership reporting for broader teams
- Some experience with Adobe Photoshop a plus
About The Hollywood Reporter
The Hollywood Reporter (THR) is a flagship entertainment media brand, offering in-depth reporting, analysis, unparalleled access, world-class photography and video, and feature exclusives in its award-winning weekly magazine and dynamic website. The Hollywood Reporter also boasts prestigious live events, industry-leading philanthropic, empowerment and diversity initiatives and hugely successful video series including “Close Up With The Hollywood Reporter,” which was nominated for a 2019 Daytime Emmy Award. In 2020, The Hollywood Reporter won the National Magazine Award for General Excellence, Special Interest, awarded by the American Society of Magazine Editors.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.
About Penske Media Corporation
Penske Media Corporation (PMC) is a leading digital media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a monthly audience of more than 260 million a month and reaches users in more than 175 countries as well as a collective 390 million social media followers. The company houses a constellation of globally prominent and legendary brands, including Variety, Rolling Stone, Deadline.com, WWD, Robb Report, SHE Media, BGR, IndieWire, Beauty Inc, Sourcing Journal, TVLine, FN, BlogHer, HollywoodLife, Gold Derby, and SPY. PMC delivers exceptional content to consumers, business leaders and organizations around the world across multiple platforms: digital, mobile, social, print, video, broadcast, and dynamic live events. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 11 countries worldwide, Penske Media is the way global leaders and influencers are informed, connected, and inspired.
Want to learn more about Penske Media Corporation? Visit Penske Media Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.